“Out of the Way and OUT OF SIGHT!”

Momma Spriggs Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 171 Restaurants in Carlisle
Cuisines: American, Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 12 June 2018

Momma Spriggs is a small out of the way restaurant. Their out of sight reputation is bourne out through the superb Menu offered.
They remember you from each visit to the next when they greet you by name.
The breakfasts are always outstanding. Lunch and dinner are great, their menu has many options, and they even offer waist friendly meals.
The staff is super friendly and the menu has desserts that are simply the best!

Reviewed 11 June 2018

My husband has been wanting to try the Friday fish fry for a while and when he had it the batter was sort of soft and rubbery, not crisp. They said it was because of the beer batter, which we do not understand. it was only when we were leaving that the waitress said the fish on the regular menu was coated in panko and would have been crispy. They did not take anything off the check 9though they offered to give him something else at the time). They charged extra for fries instead of the mac and cheese, which was strange. My beef tips were actually medallions that were good, but the gravy may have had balsamic in it or something else making it a bit sour and not to my taste. The yukon gold mashed potatoes were very good.

Reviewed 30 May 2018

Visiting Carlisle often,I feel qualified to say that Momma Spriggs is a real winner in Carlisle. This is where we always end up meeting when our families get together. Breakfast, lunch, dinner - it's all good. The food is freshly prepared. The wait staff get it right, are quick and friendly. It seems like a diner, but it ends up being so much more. The giant cakes and pies greet you in a case when you walk in the door.
I love their big salads. They also have wonderful sandwiches and sides, not to mention soups and specials. When you can get them, I've heard that the apple dumplings are the BEST. But they only offer them on certain days and I've not been in luck!

Reviewed 20 May 2018 via mobile

While Momma Sprigs does serve great breakfast, lunch, and dinner, we especially enjoy the breakfasts. This location has become a family treat over the past year and we always enjoy it. The food and prices are excellent and the service is outstanding!
Love this place!

Reviewed 14 May 2018 via mobile

First time to Momma Spriggs and so glad I went. Best mozzarella sticks I have ever had! Shrimp gumbo was very tasty as well. Had Drunken Sailors as my entree. Included a nice piece of haddock, shrimp, scallops and crab cake. Very tasty. To top it off, had the rice pudding for dessert. It has been a long time since I have had an appetizer and dessert, but it was so worth it. Highly recommend.