“Not that bad, not that great”

Carriage House Tavern
Ranked #74 of 170 Restaurants in Carlisle
Reviewed 20 August 2017

We had a nice visit to the Carriage House Tavern. The waitress was very friendly and engaging but we were the only people inside so she had plenty of time to chat. The food was ok, not great but not bad either. While it probably won't be our first choice for dinner it can give a decent meal at a decent price if you can't think of anything better.

Reviewed 11 June 2017

I went here for a Paint Nite event and was hesitant as I live about 40 minutes away. The bar staff was pleasant and the food I had was very good. They were attentive even to those of us there for just the paint nite. I would definitely go here again for paint nite and for getting a meal.

Reviewed 14 May 2017 via mobile

Went there on Mother's Day. The food good but a bit too much seasoning. The service was horrible. Took over forty minutes to get our drinks and salad. There were only five active tables at the time. The food was delivered and the next time the waitress came over was to give us the check.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 29 January 2017 via mobile

Absolutely the worst service I have ever seen.. Reservation at 6 with a group of 20. By 6:30 I finally had a drink. Finally at 7 the waitress started taking our orders so I ordered another drink. 7:30 I went to the bar and ordered one there. 8 o'clock still no food or waitress. Went to the bar and asked about paying for my drinks got the run around so we left. DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME with this place if your hungry or want even adequate service.

Reviewed 13 September 2016

Went with friends who really liked the food here, but my husband and I were disappointed. He was surprised that they served the steak he ordered. Not good. My salmon was quite good, but the baked potato and salad were very disappointing. No desire to return.