“Great Place! Would recommend!”
Review of Frontier BBQ

Frontier BBQ
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed 6 September 2017 via mobile

Great place to eat! Have been there several times. Food is awesome and atmosphere is super cool. Only reason I didn't give 5 stars is because they only accept cash, no debit or credit cards. These days most people don't always carry cash.

Reviewed 12 January 2017 via mobile

We love this place! We are so excited when it is open during winter months (we frequent nearby Liberty Mountain for snow sports). The kids love the spicy beef sandwiches....they are huge. Sometimes we get sandwiches to go and then make 2x as many sandwiches at home. Don't forget cash only.

1  Thank wendysox
Reviewed 18 December 2016

During an Arctic blast and the coldest day in December my friends and I took a road trip to get BBQ "to go" from Frontier BBQ. The long drive and standing out in the bitter cold did not deter us. We knew it would be well worth it since we have come there in the past (warmer summer nights) and the food was great. Even though it was freezing out they had a good bonfire going in the pit and the smell of smokey mouth watering BBQ just warmed your belly. My husband and I ordered the Pulled Pork BBQ and our friends had the Bullhawg, both were plentiful (we requested the bun be packaged on the side so as not to get soggy). Everyone ordered the fresh cut fries (yes, they are fresh! Real potatoes that they cut in front of your eyes and dropped in the fryer.) Two of us ordered the Mac N' Cheese which is homemade and two of us had the baked beans (yum, as an old New Englander these are top rate and loaded with molasses.) We took everything to go (did not grab enough BBQ sauce though -- the containers were small) and brought it home to reheat. We were pleased that we made the journey up to the valley and will gladly do it again. Just remember they are open on weekends only during the winter (11 Am - 5 PM) and the are CASH ONLY (no credit cards). You can always plan a fun ski trip or tubing adventure at nearby Ski Liberty Resort while in the area!

Reviewed 7 September 2016 via mobile

Instead of a rehearsal dinner, our friends rented Frontier out for evening.
Very rustic, not a fan of Porto John's but the were clean.
Great place to socialize and fire pit was nice, even though it was a warm night.
Food was tasty loved the Bbq brisket and pork the best. Turkey was good but not my favorite. Bbq sauce was good and tasty. Baked beans yummmy!!! Coleslaw was ok.

Great tree carvings all around that were gorgeous, the work that went into them!!! Wow!!!

Causal dress and flat shoes because you are on gravel. It was fine but don't want to scuff up a dressy pair.

Overall I would return if in the area.

Reviewed 18 July 2016

My wife and I travel from DC to State College frequently and I love taking different routes. When I see and interesting diner or BBQ spot, I am sure to stop. So when I passed Frontier BarBQ, I had to turn around. I sure am glad I did. It was great food and the atmosphere was perfect. Reminded me of Trapper's Smokehouse in Busch Gardens, Williamsburg.

We shared two sandwiches, beef barbecue and brisket. Both were very good.