Cashtown Inn
US$84
Red Carpet Inn(Chambersburg)
US$78
Red Roof Inn Chambersburg(Chambersburg)(Great Value!)
US$65
US$49
US$50
ClarionHotels
US$59
All reviewshill roomparanormal activitygeneral leelee suitecivil warworth the short driveghost hunterprivate entrancehistorical significanceghost storiesnext morningbreakfast was deliciousrocking chairsstayed one nightimboden roomgargoyleshosts
Reviewed 14 November 2017

Just back from another wonderful getaway to the Cashtown Inn. As always, Jack and Maria made us feel not just like guests, but like family. And after years of visits, that's what we have become. The inn is historic and lovely and if you are there for the ghosts, you may get them. We have, on many occasions.

There are a few things I want to say to those who are considering staying at the inn: First, it is an old house, built in the late 1700s; second, it is Jack and Maria's home. They live there and they let you experience it, too. Don't be a jerk to them. Third, this not a Marriott or an Embassy Suites. This is an old house (see no. 1). If you need a regular hotel environment to be happy, then stay at a regular hotel. Fourth, make reservations for dinner. Jack buys food enough for confirmed guests on individual days. This is not a McDonald's or Ruby Tuesdays.

If you are down with everything I have just said, then you are going to have a great time at the Cashtown Inn. And if you are a ghost hunter, you are likely to come away quite pleased. We couldn't be happier and we can't wait to return.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank LisbyFarrum
Reviewed 24 October 2017

Jack and Maria are one of the best host a person visiting Gettysburg could have. We not only talked until 5am with the owners but had there own personal tour. People do not realize this is there home and there allowing us to visit and stay. Not only did we get are tour but these friends were so nice they knew I been drinking a bit and cooked me something at 330am. We're in the world would you get that? They treated us like family. Well now on to the ghost. Jack even gave us a little walk down the road talking about a few things and I am going to say this it was phenominal. At the cashtown inn we caught so many abnormal things on evp and picture it made me actually truly see that there could be something after life. I came there for that reason. Yes, I taunt demons and other things I should not say but one thing is to remember that ghost will appear on there own if they feel a connection to you. Not everyone will have exspeierences at some places. I mean i went to some real bad places where I should have and got nothing. It just happens I did get some images and voice at Cashtown inn. I didn't even realize the evidence until Sunday night. Jack and Maria I am thankfull for everything you have done for us plus more. Thanks A Million. My wife has the photos i have the audio if I get a chance I will post them!

Room Tip: Check the site to choose your room. I enjoyed heth!
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 October 2017 via mobile

The best place ever! Jack and Maria are such wonderful people. They made us feel so welcomed i felt like we was family! I was a bit skeptical when it came to the ghost stories but ITS TRUE! We captured proof and plenty of it! I recommended it to my dad who likes to travel so im sure he will be staying there next and its defiantly a place i will be staying again and again! The decor is beautiful and the place is clean!!

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 October 2017 via mobile

We stayed one evening in the Cashtown Inn and it was all we expected. First, the hosts were terrific and great to chat with...very friendly and a lot of fun to talk to. Breakfast was delicious. Now for the ghosts...we were not disappointed as we had several experiences through the night including touching, noises and other frightening occurrences. If you are looking for ghostly phenomena you've found the place!

Stayed: October 2017
Reviewed 12 July 2017

A hidden gem. It's worth the short drive over. had a wonderful lunch. and lots of pictures from the movie to look at. And if your lucky you can hear some good ghost stories. glad i went will definitely be back

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family