“Great dinner”

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 26 July 2016

Had dinner here Saturday night the place was packed glad we had reservations even a t 5:30. The food and service were great. We started off with Oysters Rockefeller which were great; my wife said it was the best she ever had. We also had the baked clams which were very good. I ordered the Seafood Pescatore with linguini in red sauce but the waitress brought it out in the white sauce. I tasted it and did not complain but I did mention it to our waitress. I kept the dish because it was great, I never had this dish in a white garlic sauce before. My wife had the Crab Imperial with angel hair pasta and she said it was very good. Will be going back again soon. Only disappointment was they had no bottles of wine or even carafes of wine just by the glass.

Reviewed 26 July 2016

The Clam Tavern is an amazing little place in Clifton Heights. By far the BEST baked clams and the Filet Special AMAZING I can honestly say I have never been disappointed! Tony Blanche & his staff are so awesome. Tony always taking time stopping by your table to see how you are & how your meal is. Whether I want a meal or appetizers this is my place!

P.S. Great Mango Martini's

1  Thank 330margaretc
Reviewed 26 July 2016 via mobile

The 6 of us went for a special occasion.
I wanted to like it really did. After reading from other folks on here and the reviews were positive we thought we would give it a try. Reservations were strongly suggested some called. We asked for 630 but was told 7. Apparently it was not my option to pick the time we wanted to go. So we went at 7. The place is small and we knew that. We waiting in line for a minute or two
And we got a table. We watched wait staff run back and forth for over 10 minutes or so a couple next to us sat down after us and their waitress came over immediately. I was just about to say something as another waitress rushed by but luckily she noticed we were still waiting. So our waitress comes over and she was very nice we ordered drinks and gave us some warm bread which was nice . She took our orders and the owner tony came over and gave us the specials and the pricing he was very thorough. The problem we had was the timing of the food way to long in between courses. The steamers are massive and very good however the mains were ok seafood wise. My husband had the steak
It was good I had the crab imperial it was very small it tasted ok for the price though it should have been priced cheaper. We
Ordered desserts basic cheesecakes
Ordered 3 but then was told they were out of it with no substitute. In fact I mentioned the night was not going so well and this was our first time there but got no reaction . Also when I called I told them it was a special occasion and asked if they did anything special for dessert and the woman on the phone said no we just have cheese cake. Good thing we bought a cake to eat at home because they were out of that. The meal had its good and bad points. I wouldn't go though for a special occasion maybe for just a stop by meal.

Reviewed 10 July 2016

My husband found this place online and it was worth the trip. Clam tavern is exactly that a tavern. You can make reservations- recommended. We didn't have reservations but were able to get a table. The waitress was friendly, fast and efficient. We had questions about the menu and she was knowledgeable about what was on the menu. My husband had raw clams and I had the baked clams, both very good. For entrees he chose fried seafood and I chose the crab cakes. The food was very good. This is definitely a place to check out. We will go back. The only downside was parking, it is in the middle of a neighborhood and all that is available is street parking.

Reviewed 6 July 2016 via mobile

By far, the Best seafood restaurant in the Delco area. The owner, Tony, is often seen greeting his guests while they are feasting on a variety of seafood delights. The food is fresh and the waitstaff are friendly and efficient. My FAVORITE is the broiled scallops!!! The best I've ever had- and I return again and again for them!