“Elegant”
Review of Blackfish

Blackfish
Reserve with OpenTable
Blackfish is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 83 Restaurants in Conshohocken
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 1st Avenue
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Thank you for a lovely meal. We enjoyed our evening and was quite impressed that it is a BYOB restaurant. The dessert was amazing.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

With so many wonderful reviews, I was looking forward to a creative dinner at Blackfish. It was disappointing and not good.
I had the 5 course tasting menu and my husband had the 7 course. We were asked our preferences and I said I do not like cream sauces. We had a really nice amuse bouche of a citrus enhanced oyster but after that it went downhill.
2 out of 4 dishes served had cream sauces. The first one I worked around but the second one was doused. I took 4 bites of it because I was starving but no one even asked why I didn’t eat it.
I was surprised that every dish served was from the menu. They were very heavy, full sized portions and it was a 3 hour long meal.
I love tasting menus and they are usually paced better. I also anticipated from previous experience that there would be small dishes that you will not get a la carte.
Dessert was a redeeming experience. The beignets were excellent.

Reviewed 3 February 2018

Visited Blackfish for the 3rd time in the past year and enjoyed both previous meals. Decided to try the tasting menu on this visit and had one of the best meals ever! Everything was spectacular from the presentation, taste, portion sizse and service. Can’t wait to return!

Reviewed 24 December 2017 via mobile

The ambience was great for family, friends, and a date. It is BYOB so make sure you are prepared if you would like an adult beverage. Our waitstaff was excellent. Really great service and were checking in on us. We had the swordfish, the duck, and the canard. All of our plates were emptied due to how good the food and the portions allocated. I highly recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed 7 September 2017

Great food, lovely interior. Be prepared to BYOB--no bar. Worth the exertion to do that however, because the food was lovely with one exception-my wife wanted Gnocchi, however being a vegetarian she asked them to make it without the chicken stock. What came to the table was a complete fail. Host was not helpful. The other three meals were exceptional, so I recommend this place as long as you do not have any special diets in the group. Very nice inside.