“Nice hotel for weekend stay”

Courtyard Pittsburgh Airport
Ranked #2 of 11 Hotels in Coraopolis
Reviewed 15 November 2016

First travelers note - when travelling during Football season, be aware when Steelers are playing at home! Hotel rooms are at a premium on these weekends. On the Saturday night stayover - the rate jumped to the demand for the Steelers game (a Cowboys-Steelers game precisely)

That said, on short notice, I was able to get a room at the Courtyard Pittsburgh Airport. We checked in late, and the front desk staff was very helpful even early in the AM. The room we had (104) was off the main hallway on the Interior (facing the pool/courtyard area). The room had 1 king bed and a pullout sofa - Standard Courtyard setup with the desk/pullout table, with a flat screen tv next to the desk. There were outlets on both sides of the bed to plug in chargers for phones/tablets. The only issue was that the carpet was stained by the dresser desk area. Other than the carpet, the room was a typical Courtyard room setup. (Due to the game) The only downside was the noise (during the day, not at night) - you could hear a large group in the courtyard.

The lobby area has the "new" setup with the cafe available for Breakfast/Dinner/Evening Drinks with round banquettes to sit and socialize. There was also the high communal table setup as well. Lobby area was very clean.

All of the staff (Front Desk, Cafe, and Housekeeping) was very nice and accommodating. The Front Desk allowed for a late check out (Gold Status) within reason. Though we passed on room cleaning, Housekeeping provided an exchange of towels and more shampoo/conditioner. The Cafe staff was very nice when we had breakfast and later for drinks. Funny note - the GM saw me walking in bare feet, and she was concerned that with salt/rocks being tracked into the building, I could hurt myself.

Within 5-10 minutes of the Courtyard is shopping/restaurants on University Road (by Robert Morris University). If I flew out of Pittsburgh, I would use this hotel as a park & fly package (before or after flying)

Room Tip: 2nd floor, away from lobby
  • Stayed: November 2016, travelled with friends
Aubrey A, Manager at Courtyard Pittsburgh Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 17 November 2016

Hello Rav22!

We love cheering on the Steelers with our guests! I'm sorry that the Courtyard noise managed to carry to your room. Our outdoor patio area and grill is great for get-togethers and often creates enthusiastic guests.

We pride ourselves on service and cleanliness. We've noted the carpet issue and are taking care of that. I'm pleased to note that you enjoyed your stay and that we've won your loyalty. We truly look forward to having you back again soon!

Reviewed 15 November 2016 via mobile

Britnee and the staff at the Marriott are awesome. They took care of all my needs and I will highly recommend this hotel. The next time I visit Pittsburgh I will staying at this location. My room was clean and I did not have any issues during my stay.

Stayed: November 2016, travelled with friends

You're Awesome Mycal!

Thank you for taking the time to acknowledge our great Associate, Britnee! We're always happy to be of service and so glad you had a great time while you were here. Come back soon!

Reviewed 7 November 2016

We had an early flight out of PIT and found a good price on this hotel. We ended up getting in later than we'd originally hoped so didn't want to go elsewhere for dinner. We were very happy to see the Bistro where we could get something to eat and a beer or glass of wine. Not much atmosphere but still nice to have. Our room was clean and comfortable.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple
Aubrey A, Manager at Courtyard Pittsburgh Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2016

Dear Sue_S_8,

Thanks for the great feedback!! I'm glad we could be accommodating for your short stay. We'd love to host you again to show you what the Bistro is all about! We offer some great breakfast and dinner options and will be kicking off some wine tasting events in the near future. Please come see us again soon!

Reviewed 2 November 2016 via mobile

After a long day of driving, we decided to eat at the Bistro (The restaurant/bar in the Courtyard's lobby) for dinner. The food was great and Liz was awesome, friendly, and very personable. I had the best Turkey Reuben sandwich and hot, fresh fries. Their coleslaw is homemade and made in their kitchen. The environment is great, but the wine prices are outrageous. I paid more for a glass of white Zinfandel than I would pay for the whole bottle at the store. Also we were watching Game 6 of the World Series and Liz had to start closing up before the game was over (before 11). To have such a convenient location for guests with great food, it's sad that your single drink( beer or wine) cost more than your entire sandwich.

Stayed: November 2016, travelled with family
Aubrey A, Manager at Courtyard Pittsburgh Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 3 November 2016

Amie,

I've so glad you were able to enjoy both the delicious Turkey Reuben and the service of our Associate Liz during your stay! We have many offerings for beverages in a range of pricing to accommodate all needs. We hope to have you back as our guest again soon!

Reviewed 26 October 2016 via mobile

We use this hotel most times when we are in town visiting our US office. I always find the staff to be friendly and helpful, and will often go the extra mile to assist in sorting out an issue. Rooms are comfortable and functional, and the central courtyard provides an outside area to chat with colleagues.
Personally, I always request a room overlooking the courtyard as the external rooms overlook the parking areas and so can be a little noisier. Breakfast is disappointing, but is standard Courtyard fare (I eat out for most meals whenever I stay here). A car is a must, although I believe the hotel shuttle will take guests to local restaurants. It's certainly worth asking. There is another Courtyard at Settlers Ridge and whilst the Settlers Ridge hotel is newer and closer to local amenities, it tends to be noisier as it is by highway 376. My preference is for that at Pittsburgh Airport.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled on business
Aubrey A, Manager at Courtyard Pittsburgh Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 28 October 2016

Stephen,

We're so happy to have gained your loyalty! Thank you for taking the time to comment. As you noted, the hotel shuttle is available for both airport transportation and rides to local restaurants and businesses. Our Associates are eager to assist and always work to exceed expectations. I'm glad this was your experience again. See you soon!

Aubrey A.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Coraopolis
0.4 km away
2 km away
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Pittsburgh Airport
1.8 km away
La Quinta Inn Pittsburgh Airport

Been to Courtyard Pittsburgh Airport? Share your experiences!