Courtyard by Marriott Pittsburgh Airport
Average 3/5
Great 4.5/5
Good 3.5/5
Very Good 4/5
All reviewspittsburgh airportfront deskroom was cleandefinitely stay here againshuttle servicetypical marriottindoor poolan early flightfree shuttleconvenient locationrental carminute drivelizbistrolobbymarriottsproximity
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 15 November 2017 via mobile

I have been to this hotel 5-6 times now for business. The building is old and feels dingy. Definitely doesn't have a "nice" business hotel vibe although i do see a lot of events taking place in this hotel. Room interior is not too bad, but not great.
Meal at the cafe is not cheap by any means for its quality and involves a long wait time for dinner.
Hotel shuttle is a plus. However, i always have to wait more than 20 min at the airport. Today, it was more than 30 minutes because they are running just one shuttle today. If i was told about the wait time, i would have simply taken an uber.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
Thomas D, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Pittsburgh Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 18 November 2017

Good evening eskim0417!

Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback about our property. We value your opinion very much and use feedback like this to improve our property. We do apologize for the long shuttle wait, I know that is the last thing you'd like to do after a flight and in cold weather! We would love to have you back and improve upon your experience in our Bistro when you next visit our hotel!

Thomas D.

Reviewed 11 November 2017

I was here on business for a seminar and overall I liked the hotel. Well laid out, quiet, lovely garden, and very friendly and efficient staff especially at the bistro - which doesn't serve lunch but I knew that so it was OK. The room description said it would have a minifridge, and when I got to the room it wasn't there. I asked at the front desk and after about an hour they got back to me and said they didn't have any left. This is very strange since the hotel was nowhere near full - I rarely saw any other guests! I was traveling with food and while I could use the ice machine to keep it cool and they offered to keep the food at the desk, it seems an odd oversight to put a minifridge in the description and then have none.

Also, this seems to be something all the Courtyards are doing now, but the tubs are straight backed so it's not comfortable to take a bath. I understand why they'd do it, but just in case that's a big thing to someone, that's the situation.

Room Tip: The rooms on the hall with the conference rooms seemed the most secluded
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
Manager313, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Pittsburgh Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 14 November 2017

Dear Paul,
Thank you very much for your review of our hotel. I apologize if you feel like we deceived you in some way. Unfortunately, we only have half of our rooms with refrigerators. We will be ensuring all rooms have these installed by May of 2018 along with a full renovation of all guest rooms and public spaces.

I have also passed your kind comments onto our staff during our daily standup meeting.

Thank you again for your review and hope to have you return when you are in Pittsburgh again.

Kindly,

AM

Reviewed 11 November 2017 via mobile

10' drive from the International airport of Pittsburgh ( shuttle provided from the hotel).
I have received a warm welcome from the receptionist that then extended for the rest of my stay.
Room is comfortable and silent.
There is no restaurant but the bistro at the hall provides what you need for breakfast and lunch. Many deliveries can fill the evening gap. Or the hotel shuttle can take you and then pick you up in one of many restaurants, fast foods or pizzerias nearby.
I gave an excellent score to this hotel for a reason. I stay in many Marriott hotels around the world, but the feeling I have got here was the same I got when I am at home. And I have found why or "the secret". The hotel is run only by women.
I will definitely come back at the same hotel next time I am here in Pittsburgh area.

Stayed: November 2017
Reviewed 10 November 2017

My husband and I stayed here overnight before an early flight. We enjoyed the hotel. They have a shuttle that will take you to restaurants. We went out and watched some football and returned to the hotel. The room was comfortable and typical Marriott. We would recommend and stay here again for a pre-flight hotel.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 October 2017

The hotel is nice, the rooms are clean, the staff is exceptional. From the front desk the night before who was helpful in getting us a few extended hours past checkout for a business call the next day, to the amazing helpful nature of Sue and Paula with our checkout, managing our bags and shuttle service to a nearby lunch place and then to the airport. The were thoughtful, proactive, and attentive. I felt really taken care of at this hotel. It was a great stay, just sorry we weren't staying longer.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business