“Nice place, great food! ”
Review of Black Horse Restaurant Tavern - CLOSED

Black Horse Restaurant Tavern
Price range: US$8 - US$27
Cuisines: American
Good for: Business meetings, Child-friendly, Local cuisine, Groups, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: The Black Horse Restaurant & Tavern is the neighborhood place where fine food meets casual comfort. The chef is passionate about providing you with a casual, seasonal celebration of American cuisine. Enjoy his latest creations using fresh, local produce. His impressive culinary background paired with his sensitivity to what his customers crave assures your satisfaction. We invite you to stay after your dining experience for an after dinner drink and dessert that is sure to please your palate.Happy hour food and drink specials are offered daily from 4:30 PM to 6:30 PM in the Tavern and also on the outdoor dining terrace (weather permitting).
Reviewed 10 November 2016 via mobile

I went to have dinner with a friend. The staff were very nice, happen to know the hostess, pleasant surprise! The menu choices were not too many, but a nice variety. I had a juicy burger that was almost too big to finish! Great waitress, good food, nice bar with a variety of beers on tap, an all-around great experience!

Renee F, General Manager at Black Horse Restaurant Tavern, responded to this reviewResponded 12 November 2016

Thank you so much for such a positive review! We take our customer service very seriously, and as the General Manager I am pleased to hear that you were well taken care of. Our Chef is extremely talented, and is doing a great job! He will be changing the menu up seasonally, so stay tuned for that in January. He does this so we can offer the guest's the most fresh seafood, and produce available during each season of the year. I also prefer to only have local beers on tap, as we believe in supporting local business as they do us. Thank you again, and we look forward to seeing you again in the future! Please ask for me the next time you come in, I would love to meet you!

Reviewed 7 November 2016

Several weeks ago, I visited this restaurant and had what I would consider a below par meal and said I would not be returning. At the insistence of the general manager Renee, and after the vegetarian menu was completed, my wife and I decided to give it another try along with some friends. Black Horse has redeemed itself above and beyond what I would have hoped for! The Ahi Tuna special was absolutely incredible! Perfect cook and presentation! The sides of mashed potatoes and pepper slaw went perfectly with the fish and I cleaned the plate! Our friends were thoroughly impressed with their offerings of Mussel Linguini and Crab Cake. The appetizers were incredible also. Peel and eat shrimp was perfectly steamed and deliciously tender! The Tempura battered fried asparagus was amazing! So much food! But we ate every last morsel. This plate of "crow " was incredible! Plenty of gluten free and vegetarian choices!

Good evening Michael. Thank you so much for taking the time to go back on line and let me know how your experience was. I am pleased to hear that we exceeded your expectations, and I sincerely thank you for coming back and giving us a shot to redeem ourselves. Chef was thrilled to know that you enjoyed his offerings, and looks forward to having you back in the restaurant again as I do. Take care, and I hope to meet you the next time you come in. Please ask for me. Thank you.

Reviewed 24 October 2016 via mobile

We have dined at this local restaurant twice now. The food is good, the only item that we were disappointed with is not being informed that the non alcoholic beverages (Arnold Palmers) that we ordered were not free refills. We paid $12 for iced tea/lemonade drinks!! More than what we paid for one of our meals! If a free refill is not included it should be written on the menu or informed to us by the server. As much as we enjoyed the food here we may not return to this restaurant in the future.

Renee F, General Manager at Black Horse Restaurant Tavern, responded to this reviewResponded 29 October 2016

Thank you so much about your kind words in regards to the food here at the Black Horse, our new Chef takes much pride in his creations, and has been well received in the community. I am sorry that you were disappointed in the lack of communication with your server, and I would love to have the opportunity to speak about your experience in more details. Please email me your contact information: pokrop@msn.com. I would love to make this right for you, and look forward to you returning to the Black Horse Restaurant & Tavern.

Reviewed 24 October 2016 via mobile

Absolutely love the Black Horse! We wanted to try somewhere different and had heard we'd love it here. I'm so very glad we went! Dinner was superb! Great wine and the pumpkin creme brûlée was to die for! Cozy environment and great staff!!! Will return frequently!

We truly appreciate your awesome review of our restaurant, and are so glad that you enjoyed everything from your service, the environment, entrees, and dessert! We are lucky to have such a talented Chef on staff, and next time you are in, try his Apple Crisp! It comes adorned with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and is to die for! The girls have come up with some new cocktail drinks for the fall season... Top of the list, the Pumpkin Martini!!! We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 9 October 2016

We've been huge fans of this place the last 3 years....even had my 50th birthday dinner there 2 years ago. Had the salmon a few months ago and it was probably the best piece of fish I've ever eaten! We've enjoyed every meal until last weekend. Saw the sign outside advertising a new chef and my immediate response was uh oh. We were very disappointed with everything about our meal. The salmon was bland, potatoes runny, and asparagus was just average. My husband sent his entire meal back and ordered something else. Very disappointing and we won't be back.

Thank you so much for reaching out in regards to your visit here at the Black Horse Restaurant & Tavern. I am sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your meal, and would love to have an opportunity to speak to you in more detail about your experience. Please reach out to me via email at: pokrop@msn.com, please include your contact information and I will be in touch. We truly do appreciate your business, and would like an opportunity to make this right for you. Thank you again for taking the time to get in touch. I look forward to your response.