“Really good”
Review of Black Horse Restaurant Tavern - CLOSED

Black Horse Restaurant Tavern
Price range: US$8 - US$27
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: The Black Horse Restaurant & Tavern is the neighborhood place where fine food meets casual comfort. The chef is passionate about providing you with a casual, seasonal celebration of American cuisine. Enjoy his latest creations using fresh, local produce. His impressive culinary background paired with his sensitivity to what his customers crave assures your satisfaction. We invite you to stay after your dining experience for an after dinner drink and dessert that is sure to please your palate.Happy hour food and drink specials are offered daily from 4:30 PM to 6:30 PM in the Tavern and also on the outdoor dining terrace (weather permitting).
Reviewed 21 November 2016 via mobile

Wasn't sure what to expect but atmosphere and food and service was really good. Several very good gluten free choices plus they made gf pasta and mac and cheese for us. Sirloin and salmon were cooked perfectly

Renee F, General Manager at Black Horse Restaurant Tavern, responded to this reviewResponded 24 November 2016

Thank you so much for taking the time out of your schedule to rate us on Trip Advisor! Chef Foster started with us back in August of this year, and he has done an absolutely outstanding job providing our guests with the best food experience possible! His Restricted Diet/Vegetarian Menu is actually a separate menu from our Regular Menu, and has been well received! Thank you again for your review, happy holidays to you and yours! We hope to see you back soon!

Reviewed 17 November 2016

We've been several times now and the specials have always been outstanding. The service is very friendly. The last visit was for Veterans day 11/11 - when they found out my husband is serving, they brought a special thank you card to our table and gave us a complimentary appetizer. This is a little bit of a drive for us, but worth it for a nice night out. After dinner, there is a cozy bar area, if you want to hang out for drinks or whatever.

Renee F, General Manager at Black Horse Restaurant Tavern, responded to this reviewResponded 19 November 2016

Thank you so much for your generous comments! We run specials everyday of the week, the Chef is honestly a mastermind at coming up with something new every day. We pride ourselves on friendly, attentive service, and I am so happy that you experienced this yet again with your most recent visit on Veteran's Day. Veteran's have a very special place in our hearts, as many of us, as well as our family members have served in the United States Military. Honoring them on this special day is the least we can do for all they have done for us. We look forward to having you join us again in the future, and check us out on our new Facebook page--we advertise daily specials here as well as mention fundraisers, or special events that we have planned. Take care, and happy holidays!

Reviewed 10 November 2016 via mobile

I went to have dinner with a friend. The staff were very nice, happen to know the hostess, pleasant surprise! The menu choices were not too many, but a nice variety. I had a juicy burger that was almost too big to finish! Great waitress, good food, nice bar with a variety of beers on tap, an all-around great experience!

Renee F, General Manager at Black Horse Restaurant Tavern, responded to this reviewResponded 12 November 2016

Thank you so much for such a positive review! We take our customer service very seriously, and as the General Manager I am pleased to hear that you were well taken care of. Our Chef is extremely talented, and is doing a great job! He will be changing the menu up seasonally, so stay tuned for that in January. He does this so we can offer the guest's the most fresh seafood, and produce available during each season of the year. I also prefer to only have local beers on tap, as we believe in supporting local business as they do us. Thank you again, and we look forward to seeing you again in the future! Please ask for me the next time you come in, I would love to meet you!

Reviewed 7 November 2016

Several weeks ago, I visited this restaurant and had what I would consider a below par meal and said I would not be returning. At the insistence of the general manager Renee, and after the vegetarian menu was completed, my wife and I decided to give it another try along with some friends. Black Horse has redeemed itself above and beyond what I would have hoped for! The Ahi Tuna special was absolutely incredible! Perfect cook and presentation! The sides of mashed potatoes and pepper slaw went perfectly with the fish and I cleaned the plate! Our friends were thoroughly impressed with their offerings of Mussel Linguini and Crab Cake. The appetizers were incredible also. Peel and eat shrimp was perfectly steamed and deliciously tender! The Tempura battered fried asparagus was amazing! So much food! But we ate every last morsel. This plate of "crow " was incredible! Plenty of gluten free and vegetarian choices!

Good evening Michael. Thank you so much for taking the time to go back on line and let me know how your experience was. I am pleased to hear that we exceeded your expectations, and I sincerely thank you for coming back and giving us a shot to redeem ourselves. Chef was thrilled to know that you enjoyed his offerings, and looks forward to having you back in the restaurant again as I do. Take care, and I hope to meet you the next time you come in. Please ask for me. Thank you.

Reviewed 24 October 2016 via mobile

We have dined at this local restaurant twice now. The food is good, the only item that we were disappointed with is not being informed that the non alcoholic beverages (Arnold Palmers) that we ordered were not free refills. We paid $12 for iced tea/lemonade drinks!! More than what we paid for one of our meals! If a free refill is not included it should be written on the menu or informed to us by the server. As much as we enjoyed the food here we may not return to this restaurant in the future.

Renee F, General Manager at Black Horse Restaurant Tavern, responded to this reviewResponded 29 October 2016

Thank you so much about your kind words in regards to the food here at the Black Horse, our new Chef takes much pride in his creations, and has been well received in the community. I am sorry that you were disappointed in the lack of communication with your server, and I would love to have the opportunity to speak about your experience in more details. Please email me your contact information: pokrop@msn.com. I would love to make this right for you, and look forward to you returning to the Black Horse Restaurant & Tavern.