“No More Mister Wok for Me”
Review of Mister Wok

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Mister Wok
Ranked #57 of 74 Restaurants in Downingtown
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed 17 September 2017 via mobile

I live in an area of New Jersey where there are dozens of average to below average Chinese take-out places. It's rare that you find a great place, always consistent service and high quality dishes. When visiting Downingtown, where there aren't that many, I was pleasantly surprised to find Mister Wok. It used to be one of those above average places. Good food, friendly staff, accurate orders, ready when promised. The worst thing is when you walk into a great place one day and the faces have changed. The name is the same but the owners have changed. This is what I suspect happened here. The dishes are now typical to below average quality. Things are frequently missing from your order. Waiting time has increased. Today will be my last visit there. It didn't appear busy. I ordered at the counter, waiting over 20 minutes, only to find out that my order was sitting there, ready after 5 minutes, as the airhead at the counter stood there staring into space as my food got cold. Sorry Mister Wok, time to move on.

Reviewed 9 July 2016

I'm from the Boston area, and we are Chinese food snobs. This is the best place I've found in the area. The brown sauces are a little different than New England, but the food is always hot and tasty. Good value, too.

Reviewed 22 April 2015 via mobile

As Asian food goes, this place is pretty darned good. In fact, since China Royal up-and-çlosed suddenly a number of years ago, it's the only "Chinese" food purveyor I choose to use in Chester County. Better plan for take-out though: they only have two tables!

Reviewed 22 April 2015

Have been eating here for years. The food is really good, especially the General Tso's. Really all the food is good

Reviewed 27 February 2015

I always order from here. The cooks and employees are very nice. They have excellent boneless spare ribs, and excellent sesame chicken. You get a lot of food for the money. The staff is always willing to go out of their way too.