“Wonderful ceviche!”

Cuisines: Mexican, Peruvian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 23 September 2017 via mobile

I met a friend here for an early, mid-week lunch and was delighted with the cheery Peruvian decor and clean, bright atmosphere, the lovely attentive service and the food choices.

I really enjoy Peruvian food, so I ignored the Mexican menu and went straight to the Peruvian dishes. In addition to the regular menu items, there was also daily special offerings. My friend, who mostly eats vegetarian food, ordered a cauliflower tacu tacu (a rice and beans grilled patty) from the specials menu. I tried it, and it was pretty amazing, succulent, tender, and chock full of flavorful veggies.

I ordered the ceviche limeno, which was exactly as I wanted it to be: mildly spicy, incredibly tender and light, and served with onion, a slice of sweet potato and 2 types of large Peruvian corn. My friend, who usually will not eat fish also tried the ceviche and was hooked. A winning dish.

As an entree, I ordered the aji de gallina, a shredded chicken dish smothered in aji amarillo sauce. Here is where I suggest an improvement, as I found the sauce to be a bit bland. Perhaps that was just a matter of taste.

I plan to return again and again to try the many Peruvian dishes on the menu. The prices are good, the menu stacked, the service friendly, and the ceviche first rate.

Reviewed 19 September 2017

My oh my oh my. Quinoa is a lovely quaint restaurant that I want to keep all to myself. However, that won't help them pay the bills.

The food is phenomenal! If you are not sure what to order, choose the Peruvian Sampler. It is an appetizer, however it is plenty for one, I actually took half home, *wipe drool*, with the thoughts of having it for lunch the following day. Never happened. Hubby opened the fridge, got a whiff of the deliciousness and snagged it for himself.

They have WONDERFUL ceviche of all different varieties. They have a sampler also if you can't decide.

Carmen, our server, was a bunch of loveliness. She had wonderful suggestions and was very attentive.

Vegan and gluten free options are clearly marked on the menu.

Go! You will not be disappointed.

Reviewed 13 September 2017 via mobile

We came here based on many recommendations. As a Peruvian, I know true authentic Peruvian cuisine and this restaurant is far from authentic. The ceviche was NOT good nor was it enough! The portions are very small and all the plates were overpriced for what you get! Do yourself a favor and eat elsewhere for good Peruvian food!

1  Thank nmvila
Reviewed 11 September 2017 via mobile

We dine here frequently and it's a favorite spot: the menu has many options (I'm vegetarian and its vegan friendly with some wonderful options) We've always had very good attentive service! The guacamole is always freshly made and excellent. It's also BYOB. It's abit hidden in a strip mall. A great place for authentic Mexican/Peruvian cuisine. It's the sister site of El Tule in Lambertville which is excellent as well.

Reviewed 7 September 2017 via mobile

My wife an I recently enjoyed a fine dinner here. We shared appetizers of papa rellena, a potato dish, and a special one of the day. We also shared a delicious lamb special as an entree. The table was ours for as long as we wanted it. It was a lovely evening!