We had a great 1-night stop (driving I-80 from NYC back home to northwest OH). The view out of the room was pretty (mountains in distance, landscaping from this & office building across the street). It's incredibly quiet in the area-no restaurants or gas stations in immediate area, FYI. The front desk guy that checked us in (50s? 60s?) needs improvement - he didn't greet me. After about 30-40 seconds of me standing at the front desk, he said "checking in?" and didn't stand up until getting keys and didn't smile much. As a former GM of a hotel, that was notable. Also, we got charged practically the full rate for 'incidentals' (the hold on my card DID go away after a couple days, but incidentals should only be 1/4 to 1/3 of the room rate. That was absurd. I bet they get yelled at by people that use debit cards [not that ANYONE ever should, for this reason, of course]). Morning FD lady was friendly.
Otherwise, the stay was comfy - I felt like the bathroom was nice and clean so I took a bath, and the bed was comfortable (the sheets were soft and worn in a bit [I'd seen that complaint on other reviews] but I really loved them. They were really soft and comfortable [and *not at all like that slicky satiny feeling that snags on rough feet - I hate that]. These were great, in my opinion. The decor is more traditional, which I like (cozy!). The breakfast was good-standard HI Express (the pancake maker wasn't working, but that didn't bother us. Great cinnamon rolls. We'd return on our next trip to NYC.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the award winning Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Drums/Hazleton, PA.This beautiful two-year-old property offers you elite service and the best quality. We are conveniently located off Interstates 80 and 81, near both Hazleton and Mountaintop. PPL Susquehanna nuclear plant, Humbolt, Valmont, McAdoo, and Crestwood Industrial Parks, Jack Frost Big Boulder Ski Resorts, Eagle Rock Ski Resorts, Drifton Softball Complex, Edgewood in the Pines Golf Resort, Sandsprings Golf Resort, Blue Ridge Trail Golf Resort, Sugarloaf Golf Resort, Pocono Raceway, Mountain Speedway and Mohegan Sun Casino are also located nearby.We include our new hot complimentary breakfast which includes: cheese omelets, fluffy scrambled eggs, sausage gravy with flaky biscuits, sausage patties and crispy bacon. Staying here doesn't get any smarter! We look forward to welcoming you at the Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites Drums / Hazleton, PA. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Drums-Hazelton reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites Drums-Hazelton
- Holiday Inn Drums
- Holiday Inn Express Drums
- Drums Holiday Inn