“OK for an overnight”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Drums-Hazelton
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Drums
Reviewed 18 July 2017

Ok for an overnight, not much else. the bedding was 'strange' never saw sheets like this. The room was clean, no pool. the breakfast was Ok, pancake machine was out of order. I suspect this was not originally built as a Holiday Inn and converted later.But the very friendly and accommodating staff makes up for the imperfections.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank gar l
There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Drums-Hazelton

Reviewed 26 June 2017

Really it's a 3.5 We thought the beds and pillows were fine, rooms were clean. No microwave or frig. which is always disappointing. No pool. Breakfast was pretty good. The front desk people are pleasant, especially the gentleman. Easy on off location to I-80.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Drums-Hazelton, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2017

Hello Pickle8182,

Thank you for staying and taking the time to share your feedback. We are delighted to know that our location and amenities were suitable for the purpose of your travel. We work diligently to ensure our facilities are well maintained and we try our best to provide not just good value, but comfortable, clean and friendly accommodations.

Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to serving you again.

Kind Regards,

Tracy V.

Reviewed 4 June 2017

We had a great 1-night stop (driving I-80 from NYC back home to northwest OH). The view out of the room was pretty (mountains in distance, landscaping from this & office building across the street). It's incredibly quiet in the area-no restaurants or gas stations in immediate area, FYI. The front desk guy that checked us in (50s? 60s?) needs improvement - he didn't greet me. After about 30-40 seconds of me standing at the front desk, he said "checking in?" and didn't stand up until getting keys and didn't smile much. As a former GM of a hotel, that was notable. Also, we got charged practically the full rate for 'incidentals' (the hold on my card DID go away after a couple days, but incidentals should only be 1/4 to 1/3 of the room rate. That was absurd. I bet they get yelled at by people that use debit cards [not that ANYONE ever should, for this reason, of course]). Morning FD lady was friendly.
Otherwise, the stay was comfy - I felt like the bathroom was nice and clean so I took a bath, and the bed was comfortable (the sheets were soft and worn in a bit [I'd seen that complaint on other reviews] but I really loved them. They were really soft and comfortable [and *not at all like that slicky satiny feeling that snags on rough feet - I hate that]. These were great, in my opinion. The decor is more traditional, which I like (cozy!). The breakfast was good-standard HI Express (the pancake maker wasn't working, but that didn't bother us. Great cinnamon rolls. We'd return on our next trip to NYC.

Room Tip: end of the hallway (front of the building) has a better view of the mountains than near elevator? we...
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ivychick425
Reviewed 1 June 2017

Basic hotel. Quiet and clean. Some people complain about the beds being hard, but that's a matter of personal preference, we like a firmer mattress. Downside is that there was no refrigerator in the room. The internet was extremely slow and hard to get connected. There is no pool which we knew, but just in case someone doesn't 'read' the amenities list! It really is a 'rural' hotel in that there is pretty much nothing in terms of dining close to the hotel. However, it was easy to find. Breakfast was pretty standard. Eating area was clean and stocked. Like I stated, good for one night, but that's about it.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Edwin M
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Drums-Hazelton, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2017

Hi Edwin M,

Thanks for staying at our hotel for your travel and for sharing feedback, it's great to hear your sentiments. Comfortable accommodations is what we consistently aim to provide, I am happy you found the hotel to be relaxing and clean. However, I regret to learn that you were let down by the lack of a refrigerator in your room and WIFI performance I do understand how frustrating this can be and I am sorry for the inconvenience you had endured during your stay. On the positive side, I'm happy to know that you found our room accommodation to be sufficient for your needs. Comments like yours are highly appreciated as this will surely go a long way in checking the gaps of certain areas of concerns that need further improvements. On the positive side, I appreciate your kind remarks regarding the Breakfast area.

Once more, thank you for your review and for staying with us. Despite some impediments, I hope you give our hotel another chance to host you again should your travels bring you back to the area.

Zel N.

Reviewed 31 May 2017 via mobile

My reservation was made in error through PRICELINE. I immediately cancelled but was still charged. When I inquired why I was charged Priceline stated that HOLIDAY INN EXPRESS charged them per Holiday Inn express policy. I asked for a credit and was decline by PRICELINE per HOLIDAY INN EXPRESS policy. I will NEVER again use PRICELINE NOR WILL I go to a holiday inn express anywhere. I will also advice all family and friends to do the same
I have frequented holiday inn previously with no issues and I have used PRICELINE for 17 years. I will use neither going forward. Too much competition. I don't have to.
Sincerely a disgruntled customer

Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Drums-Hazelton, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2017

Hello Melissa M!

Thank you for your review regarding your recent stay at Holiday Inn Express Drums-Hazleton (I-80), PA. It is regrettable you were not satisfied with the service you received. I would like to address this with you further. I have sent you a private message to obtain more information about your stay. I look forward to hearing from you and being of further assistance.

Orlando A.
IHGService

Also consider these accommodations in or near Drums
10.2 km away
9.4 km away
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#1 of 2 in West Hazleton

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Drums-Hazelton? Share your experiences!