“Now called Sport Hill Inn”
Review of Serafina

Serafina
Ranked #27 of 52 Restaurants in Dunmore
Price range: US$8 - US$25
Cuisines: Italian
Description: Fine dining Italian restaurant with casual cocktail lounge. Outdoor deck and enclosed sunporch dining available. Intimate atmosphere with exemplary service.
Reviewed 2 March 2017

They changed the name of this to the Sport Hill Inn as a throwback to the history of Dunmore. Still great food. Your choice of apps, dinners or sandwhiches. Great beer selection. Reasonable prices. Huge back room to watch sports with pool table, shuffle board and dart board. Covered outside seating with fire pit tables. Great place!

Reviewed 6 February 2017

We were here over the weekend for a birthday party. It had it's pros and cons but the food was good. It's the old Anna Maria's restaurant. The new owner has made some improvements and the interior is nice. The exterior still needs to be cleaned up. They have a full bar and seating in the bar area. They also have an outdoor heated area but allow smoking and eating in this section which I didn't think was allowed. It's good for the smokers but bad for the eaters. The dinning room is nice but they have pool tables, darts and shuffle board which would seem more appropriate for the bar area. There are also other rooms for parties etc. The parking lot is tight and needs a new layout. The food came out about a half hour late and other than our party they were not very busy. We had pizza, wings and sausage and peppers. No peppers in the sausage and peppers but other than that all the food was good. The staff was nice but needs experience. The waiter brought out the birthday cake without gathering the crowd or giving a heads up and brought it with the wrong candles that were provided. He actually dropped the cake but it landed on the table in good shape. The owner was nice but kept eating the food he was brining out which in my opinion isn't appropriate. The bartender needs experience too.The bathrooms were clean. I'd go back because we liked the pizza and sausage.

Reviewed 26 January 2017 via mobile

Foods ok. Deck is nice. Small bar on the lower level. Wiatresses were fighting in front of customers. Slamming stuff. Very unprofessional. We were one of two tables in the place and service was awful..so slow. Hard to get a drink. Dining room felt more like a cafeteria style. No tablecloths and tables are all very close to eachother. Better places in dunmore. Not a nice atmosphere. Would suggest loud music so you dont have to listen to the wait staff fighting.

1  Thank Lucy G
Reviewed 5 December 2016 via mobile

This is a fine restaurant! Previous restaurant at this location was known for poor food and less than clean premises! Current restaurant is clean and the food is excellent! Chef Mario, from Uruguay, makes a fine dish! Specials every night!
Food is fresh with local ingredients when in season!
Veal is tender and lightly breaded and not overcooked!
Pasta was good! Sauce tasty, with fresh and sundried tomatoes!
I recommend this restaurant wholeheartedly!

Reviewed 13 August 2016

To start, i would not have chosen this restaurant based on its horrific past. It was a choice of a friend in our monthly dinner club. She heard from her mother in law that it was fantastic. Well it is fantastic- a fantastic disaster. I don't even know where to begin. I guess our first clue would be that it was empty at 6:30 in the evening. Be warned, the dining room looks NOTHING like the photo on this profile. The tables are scattered in a weird fashion. There was a plastic folding table against the wall beneath the TV. They didn't feel the need to turn on the air conditioner so it was ungodly warm. It STINKS so badly in there. i don't know if there's water damage or it's just plain filthy. They were trying to seat us outside but it was 90 degrees and their chairs outside had a dust covering so we decided to stay indoors. Our waitress was really nice. I feel bad for her because i doubt she can make a living at that place. it's unfair to set your employees up for failure. Since it was so disgusting in there, i didn't want to order anything that had to be "made" or needed to be "fresh." I tried ordering a hot dog- they can survive nuclear holocaust so that should be safe? nope. out of hot dogs. I know, strange, right? Italian restaurant with hot dogs on the menu. so i was condemned to order something else. my friends were being adventurous, one ordered prime rib (looked like a slab of fat), one ordered the chicken cordon bleu special (frozen from schiff's food distributors), 2 people ordered chicken marsala, the ring leader of this awful pick ordered a steak and fish special- i definitely expected her to get food poisoning. I ordered the broiled haddock. I'm sure they would be using frozen fish so how bad can it be? first our salads came out, the lettuce was wilted. then the food arrives. it's all laden with thick sauces, weird combinations, poor quality. none of us finished our dinners, no one took home left overs. i took one bite of the haddock and stopped in my tracks. it was inedible. i pushed potatoes around on my plate for awhile and called it quits. We were all so grossed out that we didn't even order dessert which is a standard practice at our monthly dinners. I will never go here again. The place needs to be leveled. I wouldn't suggest it to anyone, not even the worst person imaginable. someone who hasn't eaten in a year would walk out of this place. They should be ashamed of themselves. i'm surprised they don't regularly send patrons to the hospital.

2  Thank Jennifer R

Been to Serafina? Share your experiences!