“It's Always Good!”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 7 October 2017

Death, taxes and getting socks from Aunt Kitty every Christmas; these are constant and so is Porter's Pub. My wife and I have been to Porter's Pub 8+ times; for dinner, lunch and Father's Day Brunch. We have always walked away happy that we visited.

What do they do well? Ambiance; it's an small, old building with plenty of history (make sure to check the live music schedule which is typically later at night; it can get loud); Service; our waiter remembered us 6 months after we had last visited and they are always making sure "the table" is being serviced; Food; interesting, thoughtful and made with care (steaks are very good, Smoked Bloody Mary's on the brunch menu are a singular good reason to visit) ... all of the entrees we have sampled have been excellent or at minimum worth the experiment; Beer; 60 select, unique beers to enjoy and as a bonus if you try all of them (not in one night) you get a pewter mug that makes you feel like a Revolutionary warrior or warrioress.

Our only regret, we have not been back in a few weeks.

Reviewed 7 October 2017

The atmosphere was very warm and inviting, a little dark but they do have outside seating. The food is very appealing to the eyes and the taste is superior to most restaurants , reasonable priced, and the main course wasn't served before you were done with your appetizer. The staff were very friendly and knowledgeable about the food and beer. If you have every beer they offer you get a metal mug and can have it engraved. There is only off street parking which is the only downfall to Porter's Pub.

Reviewed 7 October 2017

I've eaten there a few times and the food is always very good. My favorite would be the French Dip, but everything I've had there has been very tasty, It's a fun joint if you're looking to grab a good meal and a nice drink.

Reviewed 3 October 2017 via mobile

Had a wonderful dinner with my wife the food was terrific as always and the staff was pleasant and only enhanced the evening more. I would definitely recommend Porters Pub to anyone.

Reviewed 25 July 2017 via mobile

Went here during restaurant week after we found out the place we wanted to go to was closed. We sat inside and our waitress was friendly. I ordered off of the special restaurant Week menu a my lady ordered off of the regular menu. I had calamari and a crab cake sandwich and my lady had a portobello mushroom sandwich. The calamari had a nice crisp coating on it and was done just right with a tasty dipping sauce however it was a bit greasy. My crab cake sandwich had a good crab cake on it with a great bun but the aoli that was on it almost over powered the taste of the crab cake. The onion rings that I had with the sandwich were really good. My lady said her sandwich was good. This was my first visit here and will return sometime in the future and maybe I will be able to give them a higher rating.

Been to Porter's Pub? Share your experiences!