“Authentic Colombian Food & BYOB Perfect Combination”
Review of Aromas Del Sur

Aromas Del Sur
Ranked #3 of 77 Restaurants in Ephrata
Price range: US$1 - US$20
Cuisines: Colombian
Good for: Groups
Dining options: Reservations
Description: This restaurant was opened in October 2010 by a group of three Colombian sibilings. We like to say we serve Spanish food but most of our dishes are cooked and prepared with Colombian influence. We wanted to bring a little part of South America to the Ephrata and Lancaster area and educate people on our lifestyle. Please come by and enjoy something we are very passionate about. We have delicious appetizers which come out fast and are filling along with our plentiful entrees. We serve your typical dishes such as pork, steak, and chicken which are usually always accompanied by their rice and beans. These dishes are prepared with Colombian spices and seasoning, but are not spicy as many believe just flavorful. We have options for reservation, take out, BYOB, and large parties. TAKE A LOOK AT OUR NEW WEBSITE!!!Please feel free to call during business hours.
Reviewed 15 June 2016

If you want a taste of South America, this is the place..authentic Colombian food, You gotta try the empanadas & arepas. Their smoothies are awesome too and can't forget to compliment every dish with tostones. Hospitality is superb as well.

Reviewed 29 May 2016

I have occasion to visit the Penna Dutch country a few times a year. There are
some good restaurants in the area, but one I never miss is Aromas Del Sur.
It is a little out of the way and maybe that is the reason it has never been
crowded when I have visited. But despite no great crowds the food is always
very fresh and well prepared to order,
If Aromas Del Sur was in NY or Philadelphia they would have lines out the
door with people waiting for tables.
I strongly recommend the seafood stew in broth - great broth and filled with
clams, mussels, squid, fish and a few extras.
Also this is a BYOB and a good rose goes great with the above.

Reviewed 26 May 2016

Went there for an early dinner on a Wednesday and we were the only customers, not surprisingly, the service was excellent. Very happy with the food. The chorizo was the best we've had. My wife had the Tamales, which were excellent. I had the Bandeja Paisa, a kind of combo platter, which I enjoyed except for the steak, which was tough. Unlike another reviewer (aungstgirl) here, I thought the prices were extremely reasonable. I was very close to giving this five stars but the overall ambience (avg) and BYOB status made me hesitate. Lets say 4.5 stars.

Reviewed 2 May 2016

To find truly authentic food from Colombia is rare in our country. So many restaurants "adapt" their recipes for Americn tastes. Arturo does not do that!
When he presents a meal, you can bet it is exactly what he ate in his home town.
We haven't been able to visit for some time and were pleased to see Arturo when we arrived.
The special entree and other selections were phenomenal! Each entree comes on two large platters in order to accommodate the side dishes. The quality and portions make one wonder how they can have such inexpensive prices.

Reviewed 20 March 2016 via mobile

Love trying new ethnic foods, decided to give Aromas Del Sur a try. It is a family run restaurant and the food is made from scratch. Jordan was fabulous and friendly. Now to the food, which was very good. The Grilled Chicken was done the way I requested it, white rice and beans were spot on. The Yellow Rice with Shrimps was delicious. Wish I had room for desert. When I'm traveling to Ephrata, will stop by again for a good home made meal.