US$100
Free cancellation until 03/08
US$103
US$139
TownePlace Suites
Red Roof Inn Erie(Erie)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 04/08
US$151
SpringHill Suites
Free cancellation until 29/07
US$174
Glass House Inn(Erie)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 02/08
Book now, pay at stay
US$99
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 15 August 2017

Bates motel! We got in about 10:30 p.m. Registration was a "no refund" policy. Wish I had asked to see the room first, but was tired from travel. (no excuse) The first thing to hit me was a horrible odor. Smelled like old smoke even though they say it is no smoking. Then the neighbors were drinking and very loud. I went back to the desk and told them I would need some quite, or they could refund my money and I would go elsewhere where I could get some rest. They were not about to refund the money so they knocked on the door of the next door and asked them to quite down. I went back to my room, they advertise a kitchenette which consisted of a rusty fridge and a micro. There was a half used bottle of shampoo, 1/4 roll of toilet paper. no tissue in the dispenser, thread bare towels and sheets ( they had holes in them), the carpet was dirty. The pillows were flat and lifeless, I sunk down in the mattress, the chair in the room was stained and dirty and the curtains were old and dustey and did not close well. The people next door began to act up again, but there was no one by this time at the front desk. They close at 11:00 p.m. The noise went on till 3:30 a.m., and doors slamming every 5-10 min., I could not sleep! If it had not been so cold out I would have slept in my car. There is supposed to be a breakfast......HA !!!!! It consisted of 1/2 gallon of milk on ice, some cereal, stale bagels and muffins, horrible coffee and donuts that were stale and fruit fly's all over! Ugly! The pool house was dilapidated and the dumpster was overflowing. When I checked out, they did not even ask if I was satisfied. Figure they know better....must get great reviews! Oh! BTW they also required a key deposit.....no big deal. The rooms were really outdated, but I could live with that if it had been clean and everything else was good. AND it certainly was NOT $60 or 70 a night! More like $130. You can stay at a big chain for that and it is newer and clean! Oh well, lesson learned. Do yourself a favor and do not stay there!

Room Tip: Bates Hotel....do not stay!
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
6  Thank bwitches
Reviewed 5 July 2017

Where to start... I stayed with a large group (about 40 people) so we had many rooms. In EVERY ROOM the bed sheets were stained. Not just a little stained, huge yellow and orange spots all over the sheets and pillows. The carpet is filthy, and the bathroom has mold. In about half of the rooms we stayed in, the water in the shower was ice cold. We told the staff, and they said we had to run the water for 30 min to get it hot. I thought that was crazy, but I ran it for an hour, and still ice cold. In the other half of the rooms, it was scalding hot, even when put on the coldest setting.
They advertised free breakfast, but we were told on arrival that it doesn't "start" until the summer...we were there at the end of May.
The real fun came at check out. It was 9AM, and there was no one in the office. I kept knocking on the door, and still no one came. They had a note that said to call a certain number if there was no staff, I called the number 6 times with no answer. Finally, a staff member dressed in shorts and a tank top and no shoes, clearly having just woke up, stumbled into the office.

I left some important things in the room, and the staff called to tell me I had left them (they were friendly). I asked them to mail it to me, and they said no problem. A week later, I still didn't have it, so I called. They told me they were "waiting for the owner to figure out how to mail it to me." and that "they would call me back today." No call back. I called every day for 2 weeks (I am not exaggerating. Every single day for 2 weeks.) They told me everyday the same thing "they would talk to the owner and call me back." Never called back even once.
Spend another $20 and stay somewhere else.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business
4  Thank scottglysson
Reviewed 24 June 2017 via mobile

No one was working the front desk and we had to give our keys back to get our $20 but we were being held hostage because the workers were still sleeping at 10..... the pool was ice, but nice. No breakfast though...

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
4  Thank bobbymarshal
Reviewed 19 June 2017 via mobile

Hotel "management" actually broke into our room and snooped around for several minutes on the evening of June 17 at 7:15pm after believing that we a dog in our room (family members paid for a second dog friendly ADJOINING room). "Management" waited until we left for dinner and 15 minutes AFTER we invited them into our room to clear up this misunderstanding to enter our room without our knowledge or consent. We only know this because one of our family remained behind and witnessed and documented the incident through the adjoining chained door.
We have already contacted our credit card company and will dispute any charges assessed by Lake Erie Lodge.
PLEASE BE ADVISED THAT STAYING AT LAKE ERIE LODGE COULD SUBJECT YOU TO LOSS OF YOUR PRIVACY!

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
8  Thank sneid2016
Reviewed 3 June 2017

This place looked nice in the pictures, but beware. The rooms are very dated and dirty.
there were stains on the sheets and the showers didn't drain in more than one room. The staff that runs this place live in a mobile home in the back of motel and when they get up in the morning 700 715 730 they make coffee in the lobby. So you you never know when your going to get service for the so called complimentary breakfast. Also I think a good many rooms are occupied by permanent guest. Really a shady situation.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple