All reviewsbed was comfortablemillcreek mallfull size refrigeratorhotel is locatedlocation is greatplace to staykitchenetteinternetsheets
Reviewed 29 August 2017

This hotel sits on a divided highway next to a shopping mall. There's no entrance from the mall parking lot and if you are coming from I-79, you have to make a U-turn at the second light and make sure you don't miss the entrance or you will be going around again. The hotel is nice -- a regular Candlewood -- clean, friendly staff and nice room, but getting there is hard.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 July 2017

We checked in for a quick overnight stay while traveling through. The hotel was clean and comfortable. I've never stayed in a Candlewood Suites, but based on this experience, I would again. Staff was friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 July 2017 via mobile

I only stayed one night as I was heading through Erie. I was checked in by a pleasant front desk agent. She gave me good suggestions for dinner. My room was clean and my bed was comfortable. There are many tv channels to choose from. The only negative is the hotel is on a road that you can only go one way on so I had to make some u-turns, but not a big deal. I would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 3 April 2017 via mobile

Fairly new hotel, well kept and clean. Great size rooms and wonderful staff. Great place to stay and very well priced. If your in Erie and you want a place to stay this is the one. Location is great at the mall in the mall parking lot.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled on business
2  Thank mountainman82
Reviewed 3 March 2017

We requested early check in on our room preferences when booking the hotel, yet the room was still not ready at the regular check in time of 3pm.
Our room door did not lock easily. It would shut and appear to be locked; luckily, I checked it to find that it was not locked. It required hard pulling on the outside to lock it. The front desk said they had never heard of this before, so I wonder how many people leave their room assuming it is locked?
We were granted a late checkout since we were delayed getting into our room and after being out for the morning the door was unlocked. As the cleaning staff was not informed of our late check out nor did they know how to shut the door to ensure, it locks after they opened our door while we were out.
There were no forks or spoons in our room only four knives, and the front desk had no forks or spoons, not even plastic. What good is a room with a dishwasher, stove and pots if there is no silverware to be had?
We were very unimpressed with all of the staff we interacted with, with the exception of Michelle. Michelle seemed to genuinely care and want to correct problems; she just did not have the resources to do so. The other staff seemed not to care and didn’t want to put any effort into solving problems.
Two of our bath towels and one washcloth had large noticeable brown spots … they are white towels, bleach should be used to clean them if necessary or they should be disposed of.
The pool was also disgusting; you could see a film of oil on the surface and so much hair floating. It did not appear to have adequate circulation of the water to clean it. The pool deck was also very dirty, with trash scattered around and dark spots in the tiles.
There was a mostly used roll of toilet paper in use in our room when we arrived, and the roll under the sink only had two times around the cardboard. There were no full rolls, but our other attempts at getting things from the front desk failed so much that we just used tissues for the rest of our time.
Lack of soundproofing between floors.
No trash can outside of the bathroom.
Overall, we were very disappointing.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank OHIOgirl09
Kate D, Manager at Candlewood Suites Erie, responded to this reviewResponded 7 March 2017

Hi OHIOgirl09,

I noticed your review about our Candlewood Suites Erie, PA. I am sorry that your stay was impacted negatively by how our hotel staff attended to your issues. We wanted to make your stay to be remarkable and it did not happen this time. We apologize about the issues with missing silverware and stained bathroom towels. I will make sure to get with our Head Housekeeper so to ensure that every room is properly stocked from the silverware to the toilet paper. I will also ensure that our desk staff is properly trained to deal with any issues in a timely and friendly manner.

Your stay may not have been the best stay we hoped it would be, I am confident that our hotel management is serious with recovering the level of service you were initially given.

Thanks for choosing IHG and we hope to see you in the future.