All reviews two bedroom suite front desk living area parking lot toilet and shower minute drive would stay here again oatmeal the hotel is clean housekeeping staff the breakfast area pennsylvania turnpike restaurants and shopping bed was very comfortable business trip uno fireplace
Reviewed 24 April 2017

Stayed here for 1 evening earlier in the month. We like Residence Inns (Please see review for our most recent stay in Hanover/Lebanon NH), but this place was the worst of the worst. Checked in, unloaded vehicle, up to room. Hit in the face hard with heavy cigarette smoke. We do not smoke and did not ask for smoking room. Load stuff back down to car, back to front desk. Oh "so sorry", get another room. No cigarette smell, but what a worn out dump of a place. Little couch in room looks like what someone has dumped to the curb. Superficial clean only (sheets changed, tops of counter wiped), but look around and the place has not seen a real clean in forever. Oh, favorite part, get receipt under door morning we leave, all in good order, but find a charge applied to our Marriott Card 3 days later as merchandise. Called to question and Nick says was a tax on pet charge. Ask him to email receipt and the receipt he mails shows the total as $100. (which we paid on card) not this additional charge. OK Nick, easy enough to dispute it with Chase (Marriott card). Just a sad excuse for a Residence Inn.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
extonri_11, General Manager at Residence Inn Philadelphia West Chester/Exton, responded to this reviewResponded 26 April 2017

Dear LMJST,
I am so sorry to hear you did not have a pleasant stay with us. I appreciate your feedback and the entire team is working hard to correct these discrepancies. As you are aware, exceptional cleanliness and service is our top priority and are happy to continue to make positive changes. Thank you again,

Reviewed 12 April 2017 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel on business this month and found it to be just average. The staff was super nice... however the hotel is dated and the gym is like a closet. I'm Gold elite member with Marriott and I love their hotels, however I find with the residence Inn's that they seem to get a lot more wear and tear then the average hotels. This hotel is in desperate need of a remodel. I'm a much bigger fan of the courtyard, Spring Hill suites and Fairfield Inn's.
On the plus side this hotel is close to the turnpike near restaurants and a new Starbucks!

Stayed: April 2017, travelled on business
extonri_11, General Manager at Residence Inn Philadelphia West Chester/Exton, responded to this reviewResponded 13 April 2017

Thank you for your feedback! Fitness is important to travels and we understand that our fitness center is limited. Because of this we are working to set up an agreement with a local gym to allow our guests to expand their exercise time and experience! I am also happy to inform you that we are beginning to make updates to the hotel starting with new mattresses. We will continue in this direction to ensure we are providing the most comfortable space away from home as possible. Thank you again for your loyalty to Marriott and for visiting the Residence Inn!

Reviewed 11 April 2017

i stayed here with my family while travelling through the area on business. nice, clean rooms for a great price! comfortable room sizes, well-appointed kitchen and bathroom.
complimentary breakfast is delicious. staff is very nice and accommodating. would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled on business

Thank you so much for your kind words! We are so glad you were able to enjoy our amenities including the buffet breakfast, while stretching out in the larger suites. We hope you were be able to stay with us again in the near future!

Reviewed 1 April 2017 via mobile

I am in hotels every week and rarely comment unless I receive exceptional service. Nick at the front desk went above and beyond to get me into a wonderful room. Had not stayed there before and will definitely return. Breakfast was also a step above most hotels. Rooms are fairly new and there's a pizzeria uno right next door that delivers. Overall a pleasant experience and Nick is a credit to your organization.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled solo
extonri_11, General Manager at Residence Inn Philadelphia West Chester/Exton, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2017

Dear Gerard R,
Thank you so much for your kind words and I am so happy to hear you were able to take part in our complimentary buffet breakfast!! I hope that if you should return to the area that we will see you again soon!

Reviewed 26 March 2017 via mobile

My friends who are in a national touring band and I stayed here on one of the tour days. Being on tour from city to city you're never quite sure what time you may arrive from the previous city. The staff at this hotel was so accommodating to all of us. We didn't check in until around 6 am. I had 3 rooms booked. They honored my request to have elite room keys for one room and 2 other patterns so we would not get the keys mixed up as we all had keys to each room. Also 2 of my rooms with band members forgot to put their do not disturb tag on the door. I called the front desk and they came up and hung them on the door so no one would be awakened by housekeeping. I also needed a few odd items that I had forgotten at home. The staff got me what I needed. I would absolutely stay here again. The only reason I didn't give it was a 5 was because it's a little bit of an older property and could use a little sprucing. It is clean though. Just needs new carpet in the lobby and hallways. That's the only thing. Staff is 100%

Stayed: March 2017, travelled with friends

Dear M15SER,
I am so pleased you enjoyed your experience with us! We are happy to have accomadated your requests and hopefully you were able to slept peacefully. We are looking forward to having our carpets professionally cleaned next week! Please be sure to stop by again if you should return to the area!