“Night get away from the truck”

Motel 6 Harrisburg - Hershey North
Ranked #46 of 51 Hotels in Harrisburg
Reviewed 17 August 2016

Being a truck driver, this one is right across the street from a truck stop, quiet area and very clean. AC works as good as what we have in our truck nice and cold. Very Pet friendly and newer rooms make is really nice.

Room Tip: Great discounts online if you look, we got 10% off from research. No trucker rate here :(
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled on business

Reviewed 17 August 2016

Wow, I don't know where to begin. I needed a room and stopped here hoping they had a vacancy and unfortunately for me, they did. I should have noticed something was wrong when the walls behind the clerk were filthy and the counter was cluttered but I suppressed my instincts. Clerk was nice ( I guess that's where my one star goes).

The motel's lobby was dirty and in need of updating too which at this point wasn't too shocking considering my counter experience. What was shocking though, was the smell of the elevator! I would say that it smelt like a turd smoking a cigarette, but that would be an insult to all tobacco using feces.

Bathroom: Hole in the wall from lack of stopper on the bathroom door, exposed wall around shower head, pubic hair on the floor and stained towels

Room: again, another horrible smell. I would say this was more of your classic stale cigarette/ damp odor. Furniture was scratched and worn. TV, lampshade and furniture were askew. Bed was made but at this point I needed a place to sleep and was afraid of what I might find under the covers, so I slept fully clothed with my arms crossed like I was in a coffin.

I saw a couple tiny bugs on the floor around the bed in the early morning. One other reviewer here mentioned bed bugs, I'm not sure what they look like but I will tell you that it is the first thing that came to mind.

This is easily the worst place I have ever stayed.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled solo
2  Thank Marc D
Reviewed 13 August 2016 via mobile

Need I say more. Staying here on business, client payed for room. Woke in the morning to find a bedbug in my bed. Went to the front desk and some with Quan, who said he would just change my room. Received the new key and deposited my stuff, minus my pajamas, robe and Columbia fleece zip-up, which I had layer on the bed. NO WAY was I taking those items of clothing back home with me to bring the bed bugs to my home! I spoke with my client - I couldn't believe they weren't offering his money back. I told him he should speak with the manager again, which he did rather politely. The manager did refund one nights stay... that's it. Meanwhile, I had to throw out about $175 worth of clothing - not to mention now I had no pajamas to sleep in the rest of my trip. I spoke to the manager without my clients presence, stating because of their hotel I had to dispose of my clothing. He said there was nothing he would do, he already " refunded one nights stay". Yes... because I slept with bedbugs in my bed! Too bad about my clothing he said. He did the best he could do was wash it for me. Are you kidding me??? Wash my clothes in the same machines that wash the bedbug filled sheets? I don't think so. He side he could personally guarantee that would kill them. This guy is an idiot. If only washing clothes was the answer to kill bedbugs! Idiot. Got nowhere with him, spoke later in the evening with a much nicer manager who spoke with the owner next door (Super8- same ownership) who said no, he would not compensate me for having to dispose of my clothes. Do not stay here, place is filthy and smells bad too. Paint peeling off walls, and I wish I had taken a picture of the urine stained mattress I discovered I slept on once I stripped the sheets. Floors are not vacuumed and cable does not work. This place needs new ownership because it's tarnishing the name. I will never stay at a Motel 6 again.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled on business
3  Thank Brigitta F
Reviewed 12 August 2016

My sister and I stayed here for two nights during MixTape Festival. Check-in was fine and we were able to get in our room right away. Room was clean but could use slight cosmetic touch-ups - wiring was hanging from light fixtures and outlets. Our room was never made up. We left the hotel around 11AM and came back close to midnight and it was just as we'd left it. The front desk clerk also works the Super 8 next door so there is no one there to monitor who is coming in the hotel late at night. There was a side entrance as well - every other hotel I've stayed at you need a room key to get in the side entrance. This door wasn't even locked. Poor security. Not a place I'd recommend.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank Jen N
Reviewed 31 July 2016

The room was recently redone. The floor were not carpet but clean an easy to walk on. The rates were fair an location to Hershey pa excellent. The pool was a plus for my granddaughter. All in all a sweet stay

Room Tip: Nice place easy on wallet
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Harrisburg
0.3 km away
Simmons Motel and Suites
#17 of 25 in Hershey
12.1 km away
Best Western Premier The Central Hotel & Conference Center

Been to Motel 6 Harrisburg - Hershey North? Share your experiences!