“Locals love it”

Papa Joe's Pizza and Subs
Ranked #59 of 575 Restaurants in Harrisburg
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed 13 August 2015 via mobile

It's always a crap shoot looking for good food when getting into a different town after a day on the road. For me, I like checking out local non-chain pizza restaurants. I found Papa Joe' Pizza and Subs near the hotel.

I pulled into the parking lot and parked next to a law enforcement vehicle as two officers were getting out of the car. I asked how the pizza was and the smiled and replied, "It's one of the best. Everyone likes it." I was glad to hear that. When I worked in law enforcement, out-of-towners would ask me where to eat.

There is a filled display where customers can purchase various single slices. I decided to get a medium 14" Four Seaon pie that had black olives, artichoke hearts, mushrooms and tomatoes. They don't have a small.

The pizza was very delicious and each topping had distinct fresh flavors. The pizza was a thin crust and the sauce was very good. I highly recommend Papa Joes.

The restaurant is very clean.

2  Thank Thomas H

Reviewed 10 August 2015 via mobile

If you are looking for a good lunch or quick dinner, this is the place. I especially liked the sausage, pepper and onion sub. They also make a good pizza. I have been there a couple of times and plan to return.

2  Thank GpaG30
Reviewed 25 July 2015

Conveniently located within walking distance of two major hotels, Papa Joe's offers full menu of pizza, subs, calzones, and Italian specialties. Especially enjoy the turkey, bacon club sandwich with lettuce, tomato and cheese on freshly baked roll. Outdoor seating available, as well as indoor booths. Easy access from Paxton St and Harrisburg Mall.

1  Thank Norma J
Reviewed 15 July 2015

We ordered take out from here as we were staying in a nearby hotel. We ordered a Stromboli, Italian sub, chicken parm and a pizza. All were very tasty. Prices were pretty good too. We had many changes to how we wanted things prepared and they got them all right, and were friendly on the phone. If in the area again, I would definitely order from here again.

1  Thank klmal
Reviewed 8 June 2015

Papa Joe's fed our group of 30 girl scouts after a long day at Hershey Park! Just across the parking lot from our hotel Homewood Suites. This was perfect for us! The pizza was a hit!

1  Thank Theresa R