“Wonderful Italian food in an unexpected place!”

Gabriella Italian Ristorante
Ranked #1 of 559 Restaurants in Harrisburg
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 23 August 2017

Gabriella received top-notch ratings for the Harrisburg, Pennsylvania area, so we gave it a try. The diners before us were not wrong! We were greeted warmly by Mario, our waiter, who explained the menu and made several recommendations when he heard this was our first visit to the restaurant. We started with calamari fritte--tender, fresh, and crispy--and a glass of wine. Salads and fresh bread came next; good, but not exceptional. My husband had veal Marsala, which he requested on a bed of linguini with extra Marsala sauce. Excellent! I had Shrimp Francese. Being from the low country of South Carolina where fresh shrimp is delicious and abundant, I had some reservations. Ah, but my entree put those concerns to rest! My shrimp was fresh and tender, cooked in a light egg batter, and served over linguine with a light lemon butter sauce. Delicious! (Interesting note: Mario brought fresh grated Parmesan, but left it on the table. "I don't recommend; it is not needed and adds nothing to the flavor, but I leave it for you, if you want...". He was right.) We skipped dessert on this visit, but I have no doubt they were as good as the rest of the offerings. Maybe next time...

Reviewed 18 August 2017 via mobile

A friend of ours wanted to get together for lunch so after reading the reviews we settled on Gabriella's. What a pleasant experience, the staff was friendly and very attentive to their clientele. We asked for a little time before ordering cause we hadn't seen for college friend for over 10 years they were more than accommodating. We ordered and when the meals came out it was clear that these were meals were going to be a taste bud delight. It was amazing, portions were very generous. Overall I'd give this Restuarant a 4.5 out of 5 stars. We definitely plan on revisiting this establishment for another fine dining experience. Thank you Gabriella's!

Reviewed 14 August 2017 via mobile

We stayed in Harrisburg for our Hersheypark trip. We asked our hotel for a lunch place recommendation when we checked in. I was a little leary since we are Italian and live in NY and are always disappointed. We went at a time between lunch and dinner and had the place to ourselves. The portions were lunch sized but were tasty. Service was good and our waitress was friendly.

Reviewed 11 August 2017 via mobile

Definitely one of the best Italian restaurants in the area... You can tell the food is homemade and fresh and the desserts are wonderful!

Reviewed 10 August 2017

I have eaten here for dinner and for lunch on multiple occasions. Usually order a pasta dish with red sauce or a white sauce. The veal marsala is the best in town, ( I suggest you put it over pasta and request additional sauce), the shrimp francese is excellent and a large portion, the shrimp and crab with marinara is great for lunch. Dinner salad is a little small but always fresh and crisp. Bread is served lunch and dinner and is delicious; always a danger of eating too much. Wine menu is small but reasonably priced.