“In my opinion, the BEST restaurant in Harrisburg!”
Review of Mangia Qui

Mangia Qui
Reserve with OpenTable
Mangia Qui is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #19 of 572 Restaurants in Harrisburg
Price range: US$20 - US$48
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Mangia Qui offers regional Italian dishes using local ingredients as well as artisan Italian meats and cheeses.
Reviewed 9 May 2017

So, I've been living in Harrisburg most of my life. I've been to many restaurants over the years, but none have compared to the quality of the meal I had at Magia Qui.

I came in early and the restaurant wasn't busy. It's a quaint, small place; seats maybe 50 people. It was intimate with dim lighting, but plenty of natural light from outside as the door was propped open on that cool evening. The server I had took good care of me and was very knowledgeable about the restaurant. But what makes this place truly stand out is the food.

I ordered a salad as a starter. I was not planned to be blown away by a SALAD - but I was! Micro greens with tiny edible flowers, the most amazing fig vinaigrette dressing, and the freshest, ripest tomatoes I've ever seen marinated with fresh basil. I don't even really like plain tomatoes, but these were so sweet and perfect I ate them all. Next, the bread they gave was this sea-salt encrusted, thyme infused focaccia. Crispy outside, so tender inside, it almost melted in my mouth (what? it actually did). And finally, I had the "Drunken Spaghetti". It may sound like much, but let me tell you, unbelievably delicious. Cooked in red wine, this pasta had a purple tint, and was topped with huge porcini mushrooms and some sort of seasoned ricotta cheese. I can't tell you how amazing this was. It was so good that even when I was full, I wanted to still eat more. I finished the meal off with the most luscious chocolate pot ever, topped with a dollop of fresh whipped cream. The cake was dark chocolate, not to sweet, and paired with the cool whipped cream, it was the perfect ending to the perfect meal.

This place is very pricey. Be prepared to spend a good amount on the food, but let me tell you, I found the freshness and quality to be worth every penny. I'm so excited to have discovered this little gem and I can't wait to return!

2  Thank CiCiFromPA

Reviewed 21 April 2017

I brought a friend visiting from NYC who was a real "foodie". We had the most wonderful meal...truly amazing. I am always impressed with the diverse menu...each selection is such an amazing array of tastes and flavors that you have truly never tasted before.
I had the duck...he had the wild boar.
The servers are always great and it is a great place to dine with someone you love to talk to, since is not noisy, which I really appreciate.
We are so lucky to have Mangia Qui in Harrisburg. Parking is very easy with the parking lot across the street.

2  Thank Srfotos
Staci B, Owner at Mangia Qui, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2017

Thanks so much for taking the time to post. So glad that you liked everything and found the parking not so bad. Keep in mind that on Friday and Saturday evenings we offer free valet. Hope to see you soon!!!
Staci

Reviewed 11 April 2017

While having a broad menu, my Ribeye selection tonight was wonderful. It had incredible taste along with outstanding potatoes and a spicy ketchup. I will definitely do it again. The wine, beer and drink selection is great as well. Service was outstanding.

1  Thank Keepingbusynow
Staci B, Owner at Mangia Qui, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2017

Thanks so much....our staff tends to eat the spicy sauce with everything. So glad you enjoyed!!!

Reviewed 3 April 2017

Just went there last week with a friend and had another incredible meal. They just released a new menu and we had a hard time deciding what to have. Everything sounded great! We went with the drunken pasta and pork. Both were so delicious. You cannot go wrong with this place.

1  Thank goodeats08
Staci B, Owner at Mangia Qui, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2017

Thanks so much....you ordered what are quickly becoming the staff favorites.

Reviewed 31 March 2017 via mobile

My husband and I love visiting Mangia qui. Always impeccable food. Our favorite dishes are the steak with cherry pepper relish and the crab saffron broth soup with mussels, clams, fish, scallops, shrimp. Can't wait to return!

2  Thank Jetsetter_Foodie90
Staci B, Owner at Mangia Qui, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2017

Thanks so much for the kind remarks and taking the time to share them.