“Pleasant Little Find”
Review of Golden Chopstick

Golden Chopstick
Ranked #207 of 572 Restaurants in Harrisburg
Reviewed 2 May 2017 via mobile

On my way home from a long day, I stopped and looked for the nearest Chinese restaurant. Found this little place in a plaza off Linglestown Road. Smaller than expected, but clean. Huge menu! I had the hot and sour soup to start. It was thick, tasty, and not overly spicy. Ordered the combination plate of Shrimp in Black Bean Sauce. Black bean sauce is one of my favorites and I wasn't disappointed. There was a nice mixture of vegetables and lots of shrimp. The plate also had fried rice, an egg roll, and 1 rather large Crab Rangoon. Thoroughly enjoyed my meal, but there was a taste, more of a texture I couldn't identify. The rice and egg roll didn't have that fried greasy taste to it. I'll have to go back and try their food again. Only fair way to to make a good review.

Reviewed 23 February 2017 via mobile

I have been her twice for lunch not real impressed. I ordered sushi and when i asked for soy paper she asked me what that was. You are a sushi restaurant and dont offer soy paper instead of seaweed, this was a first for me. Wont order sushi again. Owner is kind of rude.

Reviewed 16 September 2016 via mobile

I was concerned if it was clean and it is... if it was good tasting and yes it is, I was hoping on an variety (include Thai) and they do, I was hoping on take out that did not dry out... I live a 100 miles away and with other stops it would be nearly 5 hours before I reheated it and ate it... WOW it was still good tasting! If I are there it would have been great. The wife felt the same way! Now that's strait talk!!!

Reviewed 26 April 2016 via mobile

Never ordering from Golden Chopsticks again! My husband placed an order for delivery tonight at 5:53pm. By 7:04pm, we were still waiting for our food and called to check on the status of our delivery. The owner abruptly yelled nonsense and hung up on my husband. My husband tried calling back two more times but the phone immediately hung up without a response. By 7:12pm (1 hour and 19 minutes after our order was placed), we gave up and called to politely cancel our order. The owner continued to yell nonsense and again abruptly hung up on my husband. At 7:24pm, the owner rang our doorbell to deliver the food, but we told her we had called and cancelled the order. While yelling and flailing her arms at us, she told us that most customers pickup their food and don't ask for delivery. After yelling nonsense, she took the food and walked back to her car, then sat in front of our house for 10 minutes, then left.

We have been long time customers of Golden Chopsticks, getting delivery about once every two weeks for the past 6 years. Nine months ago I even gave Golden Chopsticks a 5 out of 5 on Yelp because their food is very good. But due to the long delivery time, lack of communication, yelling that most customers pickup and erratic/rude behavior from the owner, we will never order from them again.

Reviewed 24 December 2015

Pan Asian cuisine prepared fresh. We've seen the proprietor getting shrimp at Costco. Nice family run restaurant. It is even easy to communicate with the employees which is sometimes an issue for me at Asian restaurants. This is my go-to Asian restaurant. I know out of town people who stop there when passing through the area. The menu is extensive and available online. The lunch and dinner combos are your best bet for the budget conscience. Yummy!