“Great sandwiches!”

Boccella's Deli
Ranked #4 of 76 Restaurants in Havertown
Cuisines: Delicatessen
Reviewed 27 April 2017

I was in the Havertown area after 6pm on a Sunday and wanted to get sandwiches. The place was busy but the crew was obviously "killing it" behind the counter. The woman at the register was cool, calm, collected but most importantly delightful to every person that she dealt with. I bought 2 hoagies and picked up a few other things while I was waiting for them to be prepared. Oh...My...Gawd...these were FANTASTIC hoagies. We enjoyed every bite! It almost makes me want to move to Havertown. Enjoy!

Reviewed 11 April 2017

Nice people, clean, fresh ingredients, good selection. I've had consistent experience and its always good.

Reviewed 14 March 2017

Fresh hoagies/food, great selection of drinks-soda, beer, etc, extremely nice owners and food is relatively cheap

Reviewed 8 February 2017 via mobile

Food is always good and service is always great. I love their cheese steaks and their fried ravioli.

Reviewed 26 January 2017

I visit lots of sandwich, cheesesteak and pizza joints, being a Philly native. This is my number one stop when I visit suburban Philadelphia. Great Philly food, an amazing Asian couple who run the shop, and one of the best small immigrant businesses I have ever seen.

This was a local Italian deli, decades ago, with lots of local history, bought by an Asian couple who run the store with precision, care and great spirit. The staff is local and diverse, but the bosses are at the cash register day in and day out. This is mostly a take-out shop, but you can watch local sports (Eagles, Phillies, 76ers, Flyers, Villanova - depending on what is on) from tight formica booths, while you wait.

I enjoy standing in line with the local customers, and enjoying the eclectic mix of things for sale -- a large varied beer cooler, Italian pasta to-go items, deli meats, great pickles, and lots of vegan and vegetarian snack items.

The sandwiches are Philly-centric (cheesesteaks, hoagies), with some Asian options as accent.

If we are looking for a great example of immigrant small business success in an anti-immigrant environment, we should start here.