“Mediocre”

Ranked #6 of 51 Restaurants in Hawley
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 30 April 2018

Not the best restaurant around, nor the worst. Ordered the shrimp and it was horrible. I could not eat it so I sent it back. I ordered a pasta dish and it was much better. I will try it again. Maybe I was there on a bad day.

Reviewed 3 March 2018

Our group of eight dined on a Saturday night for which we had made a reservation. That turned out to be a good decision seeing the waiting line upon arrival. Even on a 38-degree rainy night the place was full which usually means the product is very good.

They serve baskets of bread and sesame sticks with seasoned dipping oil to start which was consumed and refilled so that means it was enjoyable.

Dinners come with a side salad but I opted for a wedge salad ($10) which was done traditional and enhanced by balsamic drizzle and walnuts. I would have preferred no balsamic but that’s me so it was easy to work around the drizzles.

My entrée was the tomahawk steak ($50) which was cooked medium as asked and most enjoyable. It was crisp outside, juicy and tender. Overall there was some grizzle but not too much. The beef is Angus certified and ranges from 2 – 2 ½ pounds, and is cut in house. It was a value price point for the size and quality. Other meat entrees included prime rib end cuts ($32) which were “yuge” and the queen cut ($28) which was a generous size. All tasted very good not they did run out of medium or rare prime rib by 7:00pm so our selection was limited. Other dishes included fried shrimp ($22), chicken francaise ($18) and salmon ($28). The reviews were very good as well. Sometimes you get some excellent meals and a couple stinkers but tonight all were very good to excellent.

Reviewed 4 January 2018 via mobile

I've been to this area many times over the years but it was my first time eating here. I don't know why I haven't done it sooner as the food was first class. I had the chicken franchaise and it threw me by surprise. It was delicious! Better than most fancy restaurants in NYC. It reminded me of a dish I had when I was in Switzerland. Yes it's that good.

Reviewed 31 December 2017

Close to Cove Haven, went for dinner, had Chicken Parm and onion rings and split the ice cream and brownie desert. It was all very good and the service was great.

Reviewed 22 December 2017

We took my father in law for his birthday dinner. I have never been here for dinner, but have always heard good things. Really nice and friendly atmosphere-the food was spot on. We had the calamari, which was excellent and I had the Pablo's pasta, which was delicious. My husband enjoyed his chicken francaise and my father in law, the seafood cakes. Our server, Tricia, was wonderful.
All in all a great experience. We will be back for sure!