Hampton Inn Hazleton(Hazleton)(Great Value!)
US$113
Hampton.com
Fairfield Inn & Suites Hazleton(Hazleton)(Great Value!)
US$103
US$71
US$65
Residence Inn Hazleton(Hazleton)(Great Value!)
US$144
US$130
US$68
Penn Terrace Motel(Beaver Meadows)
US$54
Comfort Inn(West Hazleton)
US$94
US$59
US$57
TripAdvisor
All reviewsfull size fridgemini kitchenfree laundryfifth floorfront deskhonor systemstove topan extended staynearby perkinsburner cooktopcomfy bedbeautiful viewnice hotellaundry roombath towelslong stayice maker
Reviewed 14 June 2017

booked a smoking room was on the first floor. Wanted to see the beautiful view but the only view I had was a scrub pine tree and some weeds. No daily housekeeping if I knew I had to make my own bed I would have stayed home. Went out on Sunday June 11,2017 requested that housekeeping tidy up my room when I returned by room looked exactly as I left it that morning. Didn't appreciate have to go to the from desk to request towels and bedding. The bed was to soft and I woke up each morning with an aching back.would never recommend anyone who happened to be a smoker to book this hotel.

Room Tip: don't ever book a room at this hotel for your vacation. Stay at home you get better service.
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Hazleton, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2017

Hi ctrzeciakiewicz,

Thanks for choosing the Candlewood Suites Hazleton for your lodging needs, we're glad to have hosted your stay. Although it's nice to see the satisfactory ratings you left for our location and rooms, it's disconcerting to learn that we missed to provide you with a more pleasant stay as you were letdown by the view from your room, bedding condition, and the service level provided during your stay. While I understand the points you raised, as a gentle reminder, Candlewood Suites properties are designed for extend-stay accommodations and encourages guests to maintain their second home thus, the limited housekeeping service. Additionally, please don't hesitate to ask Front Desk if there are other rooms available that you may be moved to if by chance you encounter problems with your initial room's location or upkeep. Nonetheless, be assured that your feedback will be shared with the management to help pinpoint areas that need further improvement.

Thanks again for taking the time to leave a review and I hope we get the chance to welcome you back so we may provide you with a more stellar experience on your next visit.

Kind Regards,

Jillian I
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 25 May 2017

The pros of this motel include a larger than average suite, two separate beds in a clean bedroom, a very clean bathroom, a delightful kitchenette, and a quiet location off PA Route 93.

The cons of this motel include no on-premise breakfast room or restaurant; thus, you'll need to drive over to the nearby Perkins for a sit-down breakfast or to the McDonalds for a fast food version of breakfast.

Also troubling was the height of the bed. The bed is, of course, in the new style, which means that it is very high off the floor. I'd reckon that the visitor would need to be at least 6'2" tall to easily get in and out of that bed. That was not me!

In addition to a too-high bed, the mattress seemed to be topped with memory foam. This was my first, and I hope last, experience with memory foam on a mattress. The mattress sinks below your weight, conforming to your body shape according to the bed manufacturers' description. This also means that once a person's body has sunk into the memory foam, it becomes difficult for the person to move. The sensation is similar to sinking below the surface and having difficulty rising up over the edge of the memory foam in order to turn or to get out of the bed. I slept very poorly that night, and simply will not return because of the bed height and the memory foam mattress topping.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank JohninNYC
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Hazleton, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2017

Hi JohninNYC,

Thank you for your complete review of your stay, highlighting not only the bad but also the good points. I am glad to read that you found your room accommodations to your liking. Thank you as well for noting our good location. On the other hand, I regret the inconvenience you had with the lack of breakfast options. I am also sorry for the disappointments you had with the bed and mattress. I have taken note of your valuable comments and will use these to monitor and improve the quality of services we offer to our guests.

Again, thank you for your feedback and for choosing us for your lodging needs.

Ingrid V.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 23 May 2017

Nice place, rooms etc. Helpful staff. We travel a lot and found it to be good.
Can't even think of a complaint......Remember, no breakfast, you do that yourself.
You give up a little bit of room because of kitchen but not a problem. Would stay there again

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
CWS H, Public Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Hazleton, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2017

Thank You for choosing Candlewood Suites Hazleton! We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 2 May 2017 via mobile

Recently drove across the country. Eastern Pennsylvania was our last stop. We chose the Candlewood because it was dog friendly and not too far off the interstate. This was one of the cleanest and largest rooms we had for an equivalent price!

Very friendly and helpful staff. Amenities include free laundry, so we arrived with clean clothes! TV with full programming, not just 10 channels of crud

Although next to the freeway, the room was quiet!

Would stay again without hesitation.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Travels-From-SF
CWS H, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Hazleton, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2017

Thank You for choosing Candlewood Suites Hazleton! We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We try to offer a Home Away from Home atmosphere with great customer service, at the best price. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 19 March 2017

Always try to stop over at the Candlewood while travelling by as enjoy their rooms & location. Close to the Hwy. but do not get the nasty noise from the traffic. Rooms are very quiet & very comfortable. Good size amenities & very clean. Enjoy the room views & the full kitchen. Rooms are tastefully decorated & well maintained. Staff are very pleasant to deal with & they have added the extra little kitchen pantry/market down in the lobby to buy snacks, drinks & even beer/wine>> Great added feature. Rooms are reasonably priced & ease location off the hwy & parking facilities. Have stayed at this location several times & never been disappointed.

Room Tip: Lower floors as the main lobby is located on the 4'th floor which is actually the ground floor.
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
CWS H, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Hazleton, responded to this reviewResponded 29 March 2017

Wow, thank you so much! We are very happy to hear that you stay with us when passing through the Hazleton area and enjoy your stay with us each time! We try to be the perfect Home Away from Home. We just recently added beer & wine to our lobby store- we love hearing our guests enjoy our Cupboard. Let us know next time you are coming through, if you like something in particular we can try our best to have it available for you! We hope to see you again soon!