Hampton Inn Hazleton(Hazleton)(Great Value!)
US$113
Hampton.com
Candlewood Suites Hazleton(Hazleton)(Great Value!)
US$81
US$71
US$65
Residence Inn Hazleton(Hazleton)(Great Value!)
US$144
US$130
US$68
Penn Terrace Motel(Beaver Meadows)
US$54
Comfort Inn(West Hazleton)
US$94
US$59
US$57
Hotels.com
US$103
Hotels.com
All reviewsparking lotwafflesgrab barshot tubroom keyhot oatmealperfect stayfree breakfastnext morningbreakfast choiceslarge bathroomthe breakfast areafresh fruitgreat place to staychecking inbusiness centerhousekeeping staff
Reviewed 24 July 2017

Two friends and I planned a stay at the Fairfield for a girls' adventure weekend. The lobby was very nice. The front desk staff was very helpful when checking in. When we got to the room, we noticed it was directly across from the elevator and ice machine. While the ice machine was tucked behind the elevator area, it was still very loud. We asked if we could be moved to another room. Apparently the hotel was sold out this particular weekend and there was just one room left - down the hall. We opened the room door and it smelled like a men's locker room after a sporting event. It was incredibly bad. We had no choice though, since there were no other rooms available. The room just felt dirty. The shower water pressure was good and the toiletries were nice. Beds were comfy. Unfortunately, other guests who had kids let them play in the hall until later into the evening. As I was about to open the door to complain, things quieted down.

We ordered dinner from Damon's to be delivered. Food was delivered quickly and was reasonably priced.

The breakfast buffet that was offered was decent, with scrambled eggs, sausage, yogurt, breads, some fruit, juice, coffee, tea and oatmeal.

We didn't use any of the other facilities. Housekeeping banged on the door at 9:30AM to check on the room. Granted we didn't have the Do Not Disturb sign out, but really? That early?

Check out was easy.

Not an awful place to stay if you are participating in the local fun activities. I would just recommend a more thorough room cleaning.

Stayed: July 2017
1  Thank gemi3886
Fairfield_Hazleton, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Hazleton, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2017

Dear gemi3886,

We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback on your recent stay at our hotel. We are very sorry that you experienced any inconveniences during your stay and this is not typical of our hotel.
I would welcome speaking to you directly to discuss your stay further. Please feel free to contact me directly at the hotel at your convenience.

Thank you again for your feedback.

Reviewed 23 July 2017

The kindness of the staff at Fairfield Inn is really unbelievable. They allowed myself and my fellow teachers from Ferrwood music camp to call their hotel home for 2 weeks during our camp. I was always greeted when I walked into the lobby, and the staff was always willing to help out with anything from moving luggage, to finding places in the area, to helping with my small computer blunders in the computer/office area. The rooms were spacious with comfortable beds, large bathrooms, and great water pressure on the showers. The pool, the fitness center, and the office center were wonderful assets during my stay. The complimentary breakfast in the morning was always well prepared and tasty. I also enjoyed the classy lime water they offered in the lobby for the guests.
I am so thankful for the kindness and generosity of this staff.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
5  Thank Claire M

Dear Clair M,

Thank you so very much for sharing this review of your stay at our hotel. We are extremely grateful that you enjoyed your experience at our hotel. It was truly our pleasure to be able to host you and your fellow Ferrwood Music Camp instructors and we would welcome the opportunity to have you back anytime!

Thank you again and we hope to see you again next year!

Reviewed 22 July 2017

The hotel was very accommodating and helpful. The front desk was welcoming and the staff were friendly. The resources such as the fitness area, pool, and large lobby were a great asset to the stay. It was a home for two weeks due to a teaching experience at Ferrwood Music Camp and it made it all the better.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
4  Thank mmusica93

Dear mmusica93,

Thank you for sharing your feedback on your recent stay at our hotel and your kind words about our staff. It is great to hear you enjoyed your experience. We are very grateful to have been able to host you and your fellow teachers from the Ferrwood Music Camp and we would love to have you all back again next year!

Thank you again and we look forward too seeing you again!

Reviewed 14 July 2017 via mobile

My fiancé booked this hotel for the weekend to celebrate my birthday. We were looking forward to a really great weekend. We specifically booked this hotel for the pool, whirlpool and sauna. Unfortunately, upon check in when we conveyed to the lady at the front desk our excitement, she told us the whirlpool would not be working during our stay. It would have been helpful to have this information posted to the website as well as to have this information communicated when we called several times. While it is understood that things may need time to repair; transparency is vital as the whirlpool is specifically advertised on the website as one of the amenities.

Secondly, the lady at the front desk was on the phone while she was checking us in (it seemed to be a personal phone call. There was no, "hello or welcome." Instead, a "are you checking in. (While on the phone) We were surprised as we are usually greeted in a more positive, welcoming and professional manner.

Thirdly, I have never seen such a small tv in a hotel. It's not the most important, but it something to note.

Also there is a musty smell in the room. The bed is extremely soft, so be aware if you have back problems.

We are here for a total 3 nights.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Fairfield_Hazleton, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Hazleton, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2017

Dear Tony64NJ,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on your recent stay with us. I am very sorry to hear that you were not satisfied with your stay at our hotel.

I can certainly understand the disappointment with the hot tub being out of service and had this been something planned we definitely would have had it posted on our website and been making guests aware in advance. Unfortunately this was something that occurred unexpectedly on your day of arrival. Both our pool and sauna were still in working order and it only affected the hot tub.

I am vey sorry for the check-in experience you had and it is certainly not the greeting we should be providing upon any guests arrival at our hotel.

I would welcome having an additional follow-up conversation with you regarding your stay to get further details on this experience. Please feel free to reach out to me at your convenience. I have provoded my contact information below:

Melissa Lindsey, General Manager
(570) 453-0300

Reviewed 12 July 2017

We stayed overnight after a funeral and before a wedding shower. We were greeted at the desk by Rairis, a lovely young woman, who checked us in quickly. She happened to be at the side door shortly after as we were coming in and out, and was kind enough to open the door each time.
In our room we were greeted by thoughtful note from Nadejda, who had prepared the room. This was enough to lift our spirits, as well as the super cleanliness and fresh smell. It was obvious she took care with the preparation. The beds were comfortable and we spent a quiet, restful night. The woman working the breakfast area was friendly and hustled to keep items replenished. These 3 women should be recognized for the way they represent the hotel to the public. The breakfast offerings could be improved; but overall, it is an excellent choice to stay.

Room Tip: Our 1st floor room facing the back was quiet.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
4  Thank Erin H
Fairfield_Hazleton, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Hazleton, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2017

Dear Erin H,
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your recent experience at our hotel. it was so nice of you to mention some of our staff members by name and I know they will be very grateful and appreciative.
Both Rairis and Nadejda are wonderful assets to our team and both truly take pride in their jobs, in additional to our breakfast attendant.

It is so nice to hear that you truly enjoyed your stay with us and we would love to see you again if you ever find yourself in our area again!