“Friendly, well-kept older hotel in great location” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Rodeway Inn & Suites

Rodeway Inn & Suites
Ranked #13 of 24 Hotels in Hershey
Nashua, New Hampshire
“Friendly, well-kept older hotel in great location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 October 2011

We stayed here three nights in a room with a king and a double bed. When traveling with kids, we usually stay in a suite (none were available here or at other area hotels), so staying in 1 room anywhere was an adjustment. The room was pretty much all bed and, with a somewhat low ceiling and heavy curtains over the 2 small windows, a bit cave like. It was more than adequate though. The room had a nice big flat screen tv, a fridge and a microwave, a desk and free wifi. The bathroom was small but clean and adequate. The hotel had a decent continental breakfast that included made to order Belgian waffles.

The location is excellent. It is just a few blocks off Chocolate Ave/downtown Hershey and is an easy walk to The Hershey Experience museum, Zoo America, and Hershey Park. It is in a quiet residential neighborhood. Paul and his staff were very friendly and helpful. It far exceeded my expectations.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank j1959c

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Kentucky
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 October 2011

Stayed here for two nights during a trip to Hershey. I don't really know how to put into words how I feel, so here's a list:

Positives: Very quiet, lovely landscaping, fairly spacious rooms, lots of bed arrangements available, clean, flat screen tv and great channels, fridge/microwave, park at your door, manager shows you to your room, close to anything you want to do, husband liked it.

Negatives: Low-height toilet (which I thought was odd), flushing power of toilet questionable, maintainance lacking a bit (like curtain rods falling).

Others: Although I was given a login and password for wifi, I kept getting kicked off and ended up using 3G, when available. Pool is available (towels there at pool), as is breakfast, but we didn't utilize either of these.

There was nothing that would send me packing from this motel. Staff was super friendly, and I have only minor complaints about it, but there's something about it that didn't endear it to my heart like some of the others have said.

I guess I would stay here again.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Vichart
Midland Park, New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2011

My husband and I stayed at the Rodeway Inn for one night in August with our two toddlers and we had a perfectly nice stay. The owner is SO nice and ended up helping us deal with a local restaurant that totally botched our food delivery order. The hotel is super convenient to Hershey and is located on a quiet neighborhood street. The room was clean and comfortable which is really all that mattered for this type of trip. Plus they had a great complimentary continental breakfast that inlcluded fresh waffle makers and hard boiled eggs, more than the usual cereal and yogurt. Is it a 5 star hotel? No, but that doesn't mean it's not great!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank ejh259
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2011

I will definitely return again and actually can not wait! I just returned today and my kids are still raving about it! I stayed for 2 nights with my 4 children and my husband! The suite (224) was everything from Clean, Spacious (I mean that literally) and comfortable! Their service was Impeccable and the Manager (Dave) was helpful in every way from where to get meds for my 2yr old to where to buy cheap tickets to hershey park! The pool was Great and my children spent every free minute in it and not 1 complaint! Their Free Breakfast was also Well Put Together, Set Out & There was even a Waffle Maker to make your Waffles if you so desired! All in all I rate this Hotel & Our Experience 100% and Will Recommend It to All My Family Visiting Hershey!

• Stayed August 2011
1 Thank beatrizq
Rockaway
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2011

I traveled with my 3 children and my friend and her 1 child--6 of us. We booked the larger room that had 2 queens, and 1 double. The front desk manager greeted us right away and then brought us to our room. The room was very spacious and clean. It had a full fridge, sink and microwave. The kids went swimming in the indoor pool which was very clean. Very hot in there, but indoor pools usually are. The manager was able to recommend places to eat and had menus in the lobby. There was also a computer with high speed internet. The next morning the continental breakfast went above and beyojng the usual. Cereals, bagles, muffins, hard boiled eggs, toaster, waffle maker, coffee, juices..def. saved us money!!! I would def. stay here again, very nice neighborhood and close to Hershey!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends