“Good eats ”

The Alpine Wurst & Meat House
Ranked #2 of 67 Restaurants in Honesdale
Cuisines: American, German
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Located in Honesdale, in the Northern Pocono region of Northeastern Pennsylvania, The Alpine Wurst & Meat House has been a premier manufacturer of German sausages, smoked ham, Kassler Rippchen, cold cuts and meats for over thirty years. Our three on site smokehouses assure you the best authentic smoky flavor; while providing the best quality sausages produced with the utmost care and attention. Along with our deli and butcher shop, The Alpine Wurst & Meat House Restaurant is located right next door. Every year thousands indulge on homemade German‐American Cuisine. Our annual Oktoberfest is held every August outside under "The Tent". Known as the largest in the Poconos, we have seating for over 1,000 people!
Reviewed 1 June 2018 via mobile

Went for dinner with husband and 10 month old baby. The staff was friendly and accommodating, and the atmosphere is great. My husband really enjoyed his dinner, I was a little disappointed but probably bc I didn’t realize what I was ordering. They have plenty of healthy options in addition to traditional German dishes. Would definitely go back again!

Reviewed 14 May 2018 via mobile

This place is very good. The restaurant has all of our favorite old school German favorites. Prime rib is great here. Haven’t had a bad meal. We never order any of the less German offerings. It’s a German Restaurant and the German food is spot on. Also great is the attached German pork store. They have all of the old school stuff house made. Probably part of the reason the restaurant is so good is because all of the speciality meats are made in house. All of the hard to find cuts and charcuterie. Imported cold cuts and cheeses. Imported and artisan bread. European candies and packaged goods. We love this place. Good old fashioned feel. Great authentic food. Good service. We try and stop whenever we’re in the area.

Gretchen E, Owner at The Alpine Wurst & Meat House, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2018

Thank you for the wonderful review and we hope to see you at The Alpine again.

Reviewed 22 April 2018 via mobile

This was by far my favorite meal on this weekend trip. Andrea our waitress was very professional and quick with the whit. She was by far one of best wait staff I've ever had (honestly). The food was some of the best Bavarian food I've ever had... Now I've never been to Germany, but I'd bet this is on par with any food you'd get in Germany.

In all honesty, I didn't expect this level of service or food in the Poconos, but man did The Alpine prove me wrong.
Very clean restaurant with lots of cool things to look at. It's worth a stop if you're in the area or just stopping by.

Gretchen E, Owner at The Alpine Wurst & Meat House, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2018

Thank you Tom for the wonderful review!

Reviewed 9 April 2018

No, it's not Bavaria for anyone who have been there. But German restaurants are few and far between in much of the U.S., so it's usually enjoyable when you find one. We both decided on the Sampler Platter, which included a thick pork chop, sauerkraut, a skewer of four of The Alpine's sausages (mild as well as savory), and spatzle with tender beef roulade and gravy. Included was soup or salad; we both chose the chicken chili, which had a tasty, spicy kick. The service was friendly and timely. Yes, there were the obligatory cuckoo clocks on the walls, but it was all good. Yes, the meals are a little pricy but the quality is excellent. And if you like quality meats, sausages, and related goods, visit the co-located meat house.

Gretchen E, Owner at The Alpine Wurst & Meat House, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2018

Dear William,
Thank you for writing such a great review. I am so glad you had a wonderful experience. We look forward to your next visit.
Gretchen

Reviewed 20 March 2018 via mobile

This place is amazing. Not to mention their Oktoberfest. Their meats are so good they can be found in grocery stores. I would stop in even if its just for some knockwurst!