“BEST DINER RESTAURANT IN THE AREA”

Red Lion II Restaurant
Ranked #31 of 65 Restaurants in Horsham
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 11 March 2017

My wife and I have been frequent customers since 2000. Pardon the pun but you truly get "more bang for your buck" than 3 other nearby diners. Shirley, our designated server, is simply awesome. She has a magnetic personality and a positive attitude. Red Lion features an early bird menu 7 days a week starting at $8.75.It includes soup, salad, entree, beverage and desert.Warning-the portions are humongous. I highly recommend tasting their cinnamon bread. Come hungry and leave full!
Mark B.
Warrington, PA

Reviewed 25 December 2016

This is where the locals eat--we saw a constant influx of patrons in their eighties, walkers and all, coming here to dine. The portions are large enough for two to share one sandwich or entree. My veal parmesan covered two plates, one for the veal and the other for the pasta. A salad came with it. The veal was lean, the breading thin, the sauce and cheese generous. The flavor was bland, hardly spiced at all. If you have a sensitive stomach, this meal will not upset you at all, and you will have plenty to take home afterward.

My companion tried the snapper turtle soup. It was a brown bisque, very salty, and the meat tough. We had never had snapper soup before, so we seized the opportunity to try it. Check that one off the bucket list! Her chicken/spinach/feta cheese sandwich was a double portion, half of which went home with us. Quite bland, but it filled a stomach hole.

These two meals, with tip, and two fountain drinks, cost only $24. Their desserts looked tempting, but there was no way we could eat any more.

2  Thank StarWeez
Reviewed 1 September 2016

When you move away from New Jersey, you miss a good diner. Coming home from river tubing on the Delaware, we bypassed newer, chain eateries and picked this diner to try. The food servings were massive! My husband, who never comments on pancakes, said they were exceptional. My tuna melt with onion rings could have fed three people. The prices were very reasonable especially when you consider how much they give you!
And our server -- without hesitation I say that she was PERFECT. Her timing, responsiveness, and checking back with us were flawless.

Reviewed 30 June 2016

Breakfast is amazing at this place and the cook is the fastest ever! The coffee is the best I have ever had! Lunch and dinner are also wonderful. Huge portions. You will always go home with something for the next day and the price is right! Wonderful desserts! All of the staff is very friendly. We enjoy going there!

Reviewed 28 January 2016

We have been eating at this diner for years. Recently, it has really gone downhill.
Our last visit was for lunch.
I ordered one of the specials which was Salisbury Steak.
It came out as a lump of meat in orange gravy with some carrots(I think they were carrots) on top. There was so much filler in the meat that I couldn't tell it was beef.
I sent it back and they took it off the bill.
The soup was my meal with some tasteless corn and a piece of coconut layer cake which was just OK.
On other occasion, I ordered their chef salad and the meat and cheese was dry and old,.
This diner used to be very good and reasonable.
I don't know what happened, I will not be going back there anytime soon.