“Horrible ”

Ranked #31 of 65 Restaurants in Horsham
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 31 July 2017 via mobile

I have been a regular here for years. I will not be going back! The new owners have changed the quality of food, and certainly not for the better. The soup was so salty I thought I would have a heart attack if I ate it. Using fake crab now in their dishes. Food was greasy. The manager and staff were arguing so loudly the entire dining room was looking up to see what was going on. I feel for the staff who've been there for a while. They seemed completely miserable.

Reviewed 19 June 2017

It never ceases to amaze me when new management takes over a restaurant it often doesn’t realize what made the previous management successful. Red Lion is case in point. We would go there for breakfast as it served homemade corned beef hash. On our last visit, when we placed the order, our waitress told us the new management decided canned hash was better. Canned hash is something I can do at home if I was so inclined. It doesn’t take much to heat up something from a can. We would never be inclined to buy canned hash as it reminds me of dog food.

We immediately got up and walked out, stopping to tell the new management we would never be back. Cutting corners on quality is not what we view as an improvement.

The place doersn't even deserve a 1 in rating.

Reviewed 12 March 2017 via mobile

The breakfast food here was excellent. Western omelette was stuffed with fresh ingredients. The blueberry pancakes were perfect. And the French toast was .... INCREDIBLE. Best French toast I have ever had. Exceptional prices for excellent food

Reviewed 11 March 2017

My wife and I have been frequent customers since 2000. Pardon the pun but you truly get "more bang for your buck" than 3 other nearby diners. Shirley, our designated server, is simply awesome. She has a magnetic personality and a positive attitude. Red Lion features an early bird menu 7 days a week starting at $8.75.It includes soup, salad, entree, beverage and desert.Warning-the portions are humongous. I highly recommend tasting their cinnamon bread. Come hungry and leave full!
Mark B.
Warrington, PA

Reviewed 25 December 2016

This is where the locals eat--we saw a constant influx of patrons in their eighties, walkers and all, coming here to dine. The portions are large enough for two to share one sandwich or entree. My veal parmesan covered two plates, one for the veal and the other for the pasta. A salad came with it. The veal was lean, the breading thin, the sauce and cheese generous. The flavor was bland, hardly spiced at all. If you have a sensitive stomach, this meal will not upset you at all, and you will have plenty to take home afterward.

My companion tried the snapper turtle soup. It was a brown bisque, very salty, and the meat tough. We had never had snapper soup before, so we seized the opportunity to try it. Check that one off the bucket list! Her chicken/spinach/feta cheese sandwich was a double portion, half of which went home with us. Quite bland, but it filled a stomach hole.

These two meals, with tip, and two fountain drinks, cost only $24. Their desserts looked tempting, but there was no way we could eat any more.

2  Thank StarWeez