“Return 5* Sunday lunch.”
Review of Jacobean Pub

Jacobean Pub
Ranked #1 of 2 Restaurants in Badsworth
Price range: US$8 - US$25
Cuisines: British, Pub
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The Jacobean Pub is a great environment for all the family. We offer a large menu with excellent choices for vegetarians and children also. The Jacobean Pub changes its menus depending on the season and has a range of Beers, Ciders, Lagers and other beverages for the discerning customer from the Heineken Portfolio The Great British Sunday Carvery is On each and every Sunday with No Booking required..
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Would thoroughly recommend a visit. You're not able to pre book a table but ideal time after 3pm. Carvery costs £10 with choice of 4 meats and self help to Yorkshire puddings, pigs in blankets and upto 6 veg.
There is an alternative menu if you don't want carvery and also a specials board behind carvery counter.
Payable at the bar, we had a spritzer along with a pt of fresh orange and lemonade and the whole bill came to under £28.

1  Thank David R

Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

I took my husband back to where we were married only the restaurant 1610 had shut down so went to the pub. Ordered starters spicey mushrooms and deep fried Brie, mushrooms were not spicy at all just deep fried. Main course was a mixed grill at £19 which arrived an what was on the plate was certainly not worth £10 let alone £19! My steak pie came and advertised on a bed a mash when it arrived it was just pie, the guy brought me some chips on the side which was not what I wanted, overall £50 for meal an a drink was certainly a waste of money, been here a few times and this unfortunately will be the last.

1  Thank Donnacrowther
Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

When we stayed at Rogerthorpe Manor in a suite we ate at the Jacobean Pub which is situated inside the hotel.
The food was excellent, there is nothing I can fault.
The quality, quantity, price and service were all of a very high standard.
Would highly recommend.

1  Thank Gary P
Reviewed 26 March 2018 via mobile

I would have given this restaurant 5 stars but I just feel it warrants 4.
We were seated at a table and given our menus and shown the special board.
We waited and waited for someone to come and take our order.
I eventually said excuse me can we order only to be told you need to go to the bar and order.
Eventually we got our food and I have to say the food was delicious.
The portions were more than enough.
The staff were friendly and helpful.
Nice atmosphere but very busy I would suggest you book beforehand.
Will probably visit again.

1  Thank christine b
Reviewed 23 March 2018

Having been a regular customer at the Jacobean and the Rogerthorpe for a number of years it is sad to watch the decline in the quality of the food, the service and the atmosphere, staff who are surly, food that has declined in both quality and quantity, and prices that have increased. Two years ago my review would have been four to five.
Management it's time to have a rethink and a rework.

3  Thank mcasson1945