“Fabulous!”
Review of Chapter 17

Chapter 17
Price range: US$5 - US$22
Description: Chapter 17 is a bar and restaurant in the beautiful town of Hebden Bridge. We serve food Wednesday-Sunday (closing first Wednesday of every month and opening bank holidays) serving brunch, lunch and dinner. Our food is made fresh and consists a variety of cuisines. On our drinks menu we have bespoke cocktails, craft beers and ciders and fine wines.
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

I visited with a group of friends for a birthday celebration on a busy Saturday night.
I had the Hake - but asked for it without the lentil broth (because I’m fussy). The chef was more than happy to accommodate this for me. The waiting staff also suggested an alternative instead of the broth.
The Hake was cooked to perfection!
My friends had a falafel burger, which they couldn’t manage to finish due to the generous portion size.
The service was excellent and very good value for money.
We will definitely be booking to go back again.

Reviewed 28 March 2018 via mobile

Have been to Chapter 17 twice in the last month, once for lunch and once for dinner, and it was brilliant both times.

I had different platters both visits, my friends had the set dinner menu (and raved about it) and the 17 burger and my lunch friends had the squid linguine.

Lovely service and excellent value for money. Already planning my next visit!

1  Thank 941BrendanD
Jack_Reeder, Owner at Chapter 17, responded to this reviewResponded 29 March 2018

Hello!

I'm so pleased you've enjoyed your visits to us and have returned a couple of times. The platters are definitely a favourite amongst our customers!

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review- it means a lot to us all! I'll be sure to pass the comments along to the rest of the team.

We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit.

Reviewed 26 March 2018

We ate here for breakfast on a Saturday morning. My partner had the breakfast ciabatta and I the huevos rancheros both of which were absolutely delicious, washed down with superb cappuccinos and flat whites.

We were so impressed with the food, drinks, staff, and location that we hope to return again soon to try some of the dishes served in the evenings.

1  Thank madmazCheshire
Jack_Reeder, Owner at Chapter 17, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2018

Hello!

Thanks ever so much for such lovely words. I'm really glad you enjoyed your breakfast- we'd love to have you back in the evening some time!

Hopefully see you again soon,

Reviewed 23 March 2018

Whether it be for coffee and cake, drinks, breakfast or an evening meal Chapter 17 never fails to impress me. The quality and choice of the food is always fantastic, I often struggle to choose what I want as everything is so delicious! Their platters are a personal favorite, where you can choose little bits of everything - YUM!

The service is always fantastic, the staff are welcoming and friendly (both to me and my pooch - who is allowed downstairs). It is clear the staff have a passion for the business and all work extremely hard.

I've had Birthdays, a Christmas party, and family gatherings here which have all been great. I couldn't recommend this place enough. I always tell family and friends to visit when in Hebden Bridge and they are never disappointed.

Hello!

Thank you for such a kind review- I'm really pleased you enjoy your trips (for various occasions) to visit us. We love welcoming your lovely pup as well!

Hope to see you soon,

Reviewed 23 March 2018

Having had brunch here a coulple of times and coffee and cakes we were very much looking forward to a evening meal hear in a relaxed atmosphere. How disapointing an experience it was. I ordered pulled leg of lamb salad starter, it arrived and was barely warm, neither hot or cold, greasy, tasteless and with fat and skin mixed in. Inexcusable given that there were 2 couples in a 50+ cover establishment and the other couple had finished eating.

The main course was better, we both ordered Hake in a lentil broth with a parmesan crisp. The Hake was cooked to perfection and the lentil broth was very tasty but let down by an obviously pre cooked parmesan cold shoe leather! it was neither crisp or tasted of parmesan. How much effort would it have taken to nuke it for 15 seconds and make it warm crisp and tasty?

To make matters worse the chef and the waitress were more interested each other than their customers.

Never again.

3  Thank Mark S
Jack_Reeder, Owner at Chapter 17, responded to this reviewResponded 23 March 2018

Hello.

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review however I am obviously extremely disappointed that you have left us a 1* review. I apologise that you disliked the starter- we have served this starter a few times since putting it on the menu a few days ago and it has received 100% good feedback. I wish you would have mentioned this on the evening however, as then we could have done something about this. We do leave a bit of fat and skin with the pulled shoulder as as the fat adds a great deal of flavour to the dish.

I'm glad you enjoyed your mains- the fact that you say the hake was cooked to perfection and the lentil broth was tasty makes me think that a 1* review is extremely unfair. The parmesan crisp would not have been possible to microwave, firstly because we would never use a microwave on our evening menu, and secondly because microwaving it would have made it into a piece of soggy burnt cheese. It seems strange that it would not taste of parmesan as it is 100% parmesan.

I also think your comments on the staff are very very harsh. My staff work extremely hard and it was myself and my partner who own and manage the restaurant and served you last night and we do have a lot to discuss so that may be why you thought we were "more interested in each other". I know you got your drinks quickly and your plates cleared as soon as you were finished. I will pass on the comments to my team but I really think you need to rethink your review.

It's a shame you say never again as we've enjoyed having you and your lovely dog in in the past and it's a shame that you didn't mention any of these issues to us on the night.

Once again, I'd like to point out that I think this review is extremely unfair and not at all a true reflection of your visit yesterday and we are very disappointed and upset about it.

Jack.