“Horrific”
Review of Hiu Man

Hiu Man
Ranked #57 of 78 Restaurants in Hebden Bridge
Reviewed 21 August 2017 via mobile

You couldn't wish to find a more miserable establishment, and the food is beyond abysmal. The owners are grumpy and seem positively put out that they have to take your money in return for serving you such poor 'food'. Awful.

Reviewed 21 March 2017

We ordered from here once, and we never will again. It was terrible, everything was flavourless and mushy, we had a really, REALLY long wait for our order, and it was practically cold when we did finally get it. I much prefer JK's on Market Street.

Reviewed 7 January 2017

Used this Chinese as our usual one in mytholmroyd was closed and it was delicious; great portions and high quality, tasty food. The beef dish had melt in the mouth beef and the sweet and sour was tasty. We have changed our takeaway as this is better than our usual

Reviewed 20 December 2016

It wasn't that it is was bad - it just wasn't very good. We had the house Special Rice, paying £1 more than our local one and nowhere near as good and tasty. Almost all rather old rice with a fews bits of chicken and the odd desolate prawn hiding in the corner.  It was prepared incredibly quickly, which makes one think …… we didn’t finish it.

Reviewed 2 May 2016 via mobile

I've been a customer of this establishment for over 25 years. During that time the quality of food and service has gone up and down like a yo yo. After some months of avoiding the place I decided to call tonight for a take away. I ordered a King Prawn Chow Mien at £6.80. The quality of food was evenly matched by the indifference of the counter staff who couldn't be bothered to take her eyes from her smart phone. The food served to me was nothing but a lump of noodles, half a dozen prawns and a couple of sprigs of broccoli. It was luke warm and absolutely tasteless. I doubt the congealed mess in the plastic tub served to me had ever seen the inside of a Wok but maybe a micro wave. Hebden Bridge has two alternatives. I can't see this place surviving.