“Wonderful service, good quality food.”
Review of Rick Stein

Rick Stein
Ranked #11 of 69 Restaurants in Marlborough
Price range: US$8 - US$93
Description: With a nod towards our coastal heritage, this restaurant brings the freshest fish, simply cooked to Marlborough. There's a delicious a la carte dinner menu, and a set menu option for lunch: the perfect place to eat in Marlborough.
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

We took my friend for a meal here for her birthday. The building is beautiful as is the decor. We had a warm welcome and the service was outstanding from the bar staff to our amazing waitress, who was attentive, good humoured and very helpful with my gluten intolerance in particular. The food was good quality as one would expect, portions not too big and simple but well executed. We felt that the price was reasonable for what was a lovely evening.

Reviewed 1 April 2018

We went for lunch as a treat from our children. Overall a good experience, the staff were helpful, friendly and efficient. Food was good with the exception of the chocolate fondant which was over baked and there was no fondant making it a dry cake! Staff were apologetic but not enough to deduct it from the bill, maybe it was because it was eaten as we didn’t want to wait another 20 minutes for another one to cook.

Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

I brought my mother here for her birthday. It was our first time. Beautiful old building and all the staff were friendly and helpful. We chose the lunch set menu, 3 courses for £24.95. I started with pork terrine with rocket and chutney. Delicious, especially with the home-made walnut bread. Next I had hake fillet with herby mash - fish cooked perfectly and I really enjoyed it. My mother had duck confit with red cabbage and potatoes but without any jus or sauce it was too dry to be enjoyable. When I mentioned it to the waitress she said the sauce was in the cabbage but in my opinion this dish didn’t hit the mark. For dessert I chose walnut tart. I was disappointed with this as it had a layer of jam which became the dominant taste rather than walnut and made the whole thing too sweet. Personally I would prefer it without jam. But these are small points and overall the team are doing a great job. We will return and try out another fish dish sourced from the same supplier that caters to Stein’s restaurant in Padstow.

1  Thank FoodyBoody
Reviewed 31 March 2018

First time we have ever had raw oysters and they were fabulous and we got to take away the shells for our chickens. We may now be addicted. Also the service was excellent.

Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

Wonderful building and restaurant. Staff were very welcoming and on a chilly Good Friday just what we needed. Warm and cosy. The meal was great - actually the best meal we’ve had out for a long time. Passion Fruit Pavlova was light and delicious The staff were so very helpful and polite. Can’t wait to go again!