“Disappointed”
Review of Marsh Farm Hotel

Marsh Farm Hotel
Reviewed 19 July 2017

Our expectation were high so we expected a lot after viewing the website.

However we were disappointed. We were allocated room No 39 was a disabled room with very stained carpet and badly needed up dating. Bed only a double, quite uncomfortable. Checking the other rooms nearby, carpets were also badly stained and needed renovating. No air conditioning, toiletries, or quality furnishings.

We booked the hotel because the website showed a restaurant. We were looking forward to eating in the hotel restaurant as it was late and we had had a long drive. However we were told the restaurant was closed as they had a burst pipe and the temporary kitchen was catering for a wedding. Being a Saturday night we tried to find somewhere to eat but without a reservation we found nothing. Had to settle for sandwiches from a local service station.
Breakfast the next morning only so so. Little fruit and only a couple of juices. You could order, with a wait, a hot breakfast but we didn't bother.
We understand the hotel has recently changed ownership and they are currently renovating but this was not noticeable to us.

Room Tip: Only stay if renovation has been carried out.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Ashwin R, General Manager at Marsh Farm Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2017

Dear ClontarfPorky76
Thank you for your review. I am sorry that you didnt enjoy your stay with us and we are renovating the hotel and are slowly getting to the carpets. The hotel has had alot of refurbishment in the last 12 months . The lichen is currently being renovated and hence the offering on Saturday was a curry night and i will look into why you were told that there was no food offering. The team and I pride ourselves on customer service and hope that you visit again and see that.

Best Regards

There are newer reviews for Marsh Farm Hotel

Reviewed 9 July 2017

Overnight stay in a spotless room at an exceptionally good rate. I left my phone in the taxi and the lovely girl rang the taxi company to arrange for it to be brought back. I didn't eat here so can't comment on the food but the gardens were nice to sit and have a drink. Would definitely go back.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
Ashwin R, General Manager at Marsh Farm Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2017

Dear Lynda

Thank you for your warming review and we look forward to welcoming you again very soon. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Best Wishes

Reviewed 5 July 2017 via mobile

Stayed on business trip. The hotel is very near to the town and overall was a nice stay. The rooms could do with an update but the food was very good and staff provide an excellent service.
Drinks are reasonably priced.
There is an outlet village within 5 miles that is very good

Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
Ashwin R, General Manager at Marsh Farm Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2017

Dear Amie m

Thank you for your review and we hope to see you again soon. The bedrooms need an upgrade and we are working through them to get this done. I will pass on your comments to the chefs and service staff.

Reviewed 2 July 2017 via mobile

My partner and I just stayed a night at Marsh Farm Hotel. We stayed in an Executive Room which was spacious, clean and tidy, but was a bit tired. The bedroom and bathroom really would have benefitted from a refresh. I don't really like mould on the grout in bathrooms and there's no excuse for it! However that said the bed linen and towels were soft and comfortable (although no robes as advertised) but there was plenty of tea and coffee. The choices for dinner were limited but what we had was very enjoyable. Breakfast was however a big disappointment. I have noticed that others have given feedback on this same issue, but that this doesn't seem to have been addressed by management. Firstly tables weren't laid out for guests. Given that they know who is booked in for breakfast, this shouldn't be difficult. Breakfast was very limited and most of the cooked breakfast had either run out or was congealed. Breakfast items were replenished in dribs and drabs after around 20 minutes. I managed a breakfast of sorts, my partner gave up and just had toast and yoghurt after waiting for ages for things to be replenished as we were told they would be. It's a shame because it wouldn't take much to turn things around at Marsh Farm Hotel but there needs to be a willingness to do it. I would have informed reception of my feedback, but they never asked after our stay! Hence this review online. One really positive thing to say is that the waiting staff at dinner were brilliant.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Ashwin R, General Manager at Marsh Farm Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2017

Dear sleevemark

Thank you for your review. My apologies that the service at breakfast wasn't good and is completely out of character and the not the standards that we work to. I have addressed the service standards and know that this will not happen again.

I hope you visit us again and see the difference.

Best wishes

Reviewed 12 June 2017

We stayed here for 2 nights, Friday and Saturday as we were visiting family in Royal Wotton Bassett and surrounding area. Passed here on numerous occasions but have always stayed elsewhere. We had room 40. Nice sized room with everything you needed for our stay. Plenty of storage. Comfy bed, good lighting. Good sized bathroom. Very clean. And staff we encountered friendly made you feel welcome. We didn't eat here but the restaurant looked nice. Had a drink in the bar comfy surroundings. The room we had was on the ground floor only downside the window didn't open and it was warm, but there was a fan which was a bonus. Plenty of parking even on the Saturday when a wedding was held here. We will not hesitate to stay here again when visiting family again. Booked through booking.com very good price.

Room Tip: Concerning wifi we couldn't get it in our room 40, but I am sure if you wanted it ask when you b...
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Ashwin R, General Manager at Marsh Farm Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2017

Dear DOLLYpoulton

Thank you for a fantastic review and we look forward to seeing you again very soon. I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay.

Regards

3.0 km away
Lydiard House Conference Centre
2.8 km away
DoubleTree by Hilton Swindon

Been to Marsh Farm Hotel? Share your experiences!