All reviews set menu separate building lamb lovely meal groupon deal a la carte menu three courses pudding wedding coordinator sunday lunch wedding venue main building booked a table from start to finish course meal special occasion wedding breakfast
Reviewed 28 June 2016 via mobile

Stayed at The Granary for one night while doing some activities in the area on our week off. The rooms are in a separate building with really dark corridors and are a bit dated and worn out. Could do with new fixtures and fittings to spruce then up. Switches and shower head a bit grubby and the bedside lights were thick with dust. Sheets and bathroom clean though. The bed was impossibly hard, something I've seen others mention too. Found myself wishing for anything soft at 2am! There's tea and coffee making facilities in the room with a selection of biscuits which was a nice touch.
Our room had a view of the vineyard which was lovely but it is next to quite a busy noisy road. Can't hear the road with the windows closed though, but the room smells a little musty without having them open.
We booked a table to eat at half 7 so decided to kill some time in the bar as we arrived at around 4. The bar had no one else in and the waitress had to turn the lights and music on for us. Very little atmosphere, though decorated well we felt like we were sat in someone's living room while they were in the kitchen...
The food here is wonderful though. Really great value for money if you have the set meal and good sized portions. Breakfast was very slow to come but it seemed freshly cooked. Would come again for the food if we were in the area though it does seem more popular with the 50+ market. My partner is 41 and we were still the youngest in there.
Staff were excellent, can't fault them at all. If more attention was payed to the rooms this could be a really great little gem.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
granary000, Owner at The Granary Hotel and Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2016

Thank you for your detailed commentary. As mentioned previously we are close to finalising a bedroom design for refurbishment shortly. We are very excited by the design and the pilot is close to completion.
The mattresses are always a compromise and experience is necessarily subjective. We stock Hypnos mattresses and these are the same as used by Premier Inns. Sorry to hear it was too firm.

Reviewed 25 June 2016

My wife and I spent a night here and thoroughly enjoyed the whole experience.
Check in very easy, the receptionist was very pleasant and helpful.
Our room in the annexe was sufficient for our needs, clean and well serviced.
Our meal in the restaurant was well worth the short wait, because we were on a deal
that included evening meal. the menu to choose from was not extensive and alters
most weeks, we both chose the pork option, well cooked and served with choice of veg.
Next morning we had breakfast , lots of choice and all the normal options for breakfast available.
We also took in a walk around the grounds, which was very pleasant.
There was a wedding taking place the day we were there but it did not intrude on our stay.
Overall well worth the stay.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank toblerone58

Great to hear that you enjoyed your stay and managed to enjoy the grounds. The market garden in particular looks really good this year and we encourage guests to walk around - weather permitting!

Reviewed 25 June 2016

My wife and I have just spent a 2 night break here 20-21/06/16, it was a gift through Buy A Gift. Unlike a review further down, we couldn't fault it. The room was spotlessly clean and adequate.
I also don't understand previous reviews saying its a buffet breakfast, the buffet part is the cereal and fruit and juice part, as is anywhere you go.The cooked breakfast is done to order from the menu, the full English was excellent.
We also ate in the restaurant for evening meal both nights and took advantage of the June offer, starter, main course, dessert and glass of wine for £17.25, although it was off the main menu there was still a good choice and was faultless.
The waiting staff were very attentive and couldn't do enough for us. All in all a vey relaxing stay.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple

Thank you so much for your review. Your kind comments have been passed on to the staff.

Reviewed 24 June 2016

i was the proud father for my daughters wedding reception at the granery and i must say a big thank you to all the staff that made our day complete. the food was very nice indeed for the main meal and a cooked and buffet meal for the evening. the lay out was just perfect. my daughter wanted a new York theme as she got propose to in new York. we booked the whole hotel for most of our party and they was not disappointed the breakfast was bang on too. once again thank you to the granary from a happy married couple and parents and guests.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family

Thank you for your feedback. We are all genuinely delighted that everything went well.

Reviewed 23 June 2016

My Partner (now wife) and I have had fantastic service from The Granary Hotel in all aspects, from breakfast, to lunch, to evening meal, and our recent wedding.

Lunchtime carvery is definitely among the best I have ever had. The meal was delicious and special requirements are extremely well catered for.

As an experienced chef, I am always picky about food. I’ve had around five evening meals in the Kitchen at the Granary and the quality of each dish has always been incredible; I would definitely recommend to anyone. They have had 2 AA Rosette's for five years running; they are well and truly deserved.

Now, to sum up my wedding. Jo has been incredible throughout the planning process, promptly replying to emails and going the extra mile to accommodate even the most obscure requests. She adds a real passion and enthusiasm to her work and has made my wife and I feel extremely valued and important (an excellent achievement, given there we around five other couples married within a week of us!)
The ceremony was smooth and effortless; everything was organised perfectly by the staff. Laura did a fantastic job of looking after us on the day, keeping us informed of how the day was running, and making sure we were all happy. The front of house staff worked tirelessly, serving our food for the breakfast with precision. The food quality is still extremely high, even across 150 dishes - not all too common in wedding catering. To top it off, my mother, who is gluten and dairy intolerant, was very happy with the food she was served, from breakfast all the way through to evening buffet. Huge compliments to all of the kitchen staff.

In summary, I would always recommend The Granary, for any occasion. The staff are always happy to help and the food is always top notch.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled with family

Great to hear. Thank you for your detailed feedback on all aspects. Your commentary is being passed on to the staff.