“Never had a Bad chines from Eastern Star”
Review of Eastern Star

Eastern Star
Ranked #83 of 131 Restaurants in Redditch
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Best Chines Take out in Redditch would recomend to every one i know
the servise is very freindly and good

Date of visit: February 2021
Write a reviewReviews (11)

Reviewed 19 December 2020

Ordered food to be delivered - took about 50 minutes !
Meal was inedible - most of it went in the bin - chips were scragg ends and to crispy to eat and we couldn’t even cut the roast duck - burnt to a crisp - we also had the special friends rice again the meat was dried up all around the ends and we couldn’t cut it - it looked like last nights that had been reheated
- worst meal we have ever had from here - terrible

Date of visit: December 2020
Reviewed 19 September 2019

I've been eating from this takeaway for donkeys years. I especially like their English dishes (gravy to die for). Lamb chop and liver was a favourite until a few months ago when the price increased to £7 - I can eat out for cheaper than that! So I decided that I would not buy from there again.
More recently, I had a longing for one of their English dishes and decided to go for the chicken (with gravy!!) as this was several £'s cheaper and would still delight my taste buds.
It was disgusting, chicken was dry and tough, the chips were old and had been warmed up. Strange, as my order was just after they had opened. Can only assume they were from the day before (or more as they are closed on a Tues) There was no tomato, or a few onions, like they used to do. What an absolute disappointment and a waste of my hard earned money. The gravy was still spot on, so assume the place has not changed hands.
Eastern Star needs to up their game, this is just not on. The girl on the desk was surly & miserable, but I could have put up with that - it was the food here that USED to keep me going back for more.

Date of visit: September 2019
1  Thank Alfie1953
Reviewed 2 July 2019 via mobile

I lived on the other side of Redditch until I moved over to where Eastern star is, I must say its one of the best Chinese in Redditch, the food is excellent and filling and very helpful. Staff for a takeaway, I would highly recommend it

Date of visit: June 2019
Reviewed 2 June 2019 via mobile

I've been buying food from here for over 10 years and it's still 100% quality food, it's always delicious and I've never had anything other than a good take away from here. As I kid I used to buy a portion of chips with my pocket money and even as an adult I frequent this Take Away, great food and great people!

Date of visit: June 2019