“amazing scones”

Liberty Cake Company
Ranked #36 of 449 Restaurants in Bury
Price range: US$3 - US$25
Description: Liberty Cake Company is a family run business offering a relaxing oasis amidst the bustle of the town centre. Serving a wide range of freshly baked cupcakes, cheesecakes and scones as well as our Afternoon Teas you will definitely be able to find your favourite cake treat. Enjoy our contemporary tea room surroundings, with outdoor seating in the summer months or simply order online to collect in store with delivery available to local areas (subject to available time slots, additional charges may be incurred).
Reviewed 11 May 2016

Visited today with my mum and dad. Our first but definitely not our last. We ordered cream teas all round with the friendly waitress. Lovely fresh sandwiches and the scones were so soft, still slightly warm and delish.

My dad is quite a fussy eater but we all loved it. What a gem of a find.

1  Thank benibabeSpain

Reviewed 28 April 2016 via mobile

Visited today for afternoon tea. The food was good and the cakes delicious. I liked the fact you got to choose your sandwiches. The cake portions are very generous! Extremely good value for money. The only downside was the waitress wasn't visible so if there was any problems or other drinks wanted we would of had to approach the till area. Other than that I would highly recommend!

Reviewed 26 April 2016

The best cakes in the north! Afternoon tea is amazing, you select your own sandwich filling, so no waste. It's become a regular occurrence for my daughters, grandchildren and I. The cakes are delicious we always buy extras to take home. The staff are lovely they cannot do enough for you, I would recommend it to anyone, as indeed I have done. I cannot wait for my next visit I, I would advise you to book as it can get busy, they are creating an outdoor seating area which will be an added extra to this wonderful place.

Reviewed 25 April 2016 via mobile

Delicious food. Pricey at £14 a person but this does include a hot drink and two courses.. A choice of sandwiches and selection of cakes and scone with cream. We had to ask for more cream this is my only negative. They were happy to give us more so it wasn't a problem. We actually got cream tea for two between three of us. And we still took two small cakes home because we were too full. They also do a cream tea (just a sandwich , drink and scone ) for £6 I think. This was just enough and much better value not to mention kinder on your waistline!

They also kindly seated us in a corner area as I was breastfeeding.

Reviewed 24 April 2016 via mobile

My friend and I visited on a Saturday afternoon. I'd phoned earlier in the week to reserve afternoon tea, and the girl on the phone was very pleasant and making the reservation was easy.
We arrived a few minutes early and we were shown straight to a table which was reserved for us.
Our order was taken quickly and we were offered the choice of 2 sandwich fillings and choice of bread for the sandwiches, choice of drink, and finally choice of cheesecake. Was very pleased to be offered a choice of cheesecake and we went for an Oreo one.
Our hot drinks (tea) arrived first, a small pot each, and then the afternoon tea stand. The stand looked lovely, the food was well presented and looked delicious.
The sandwiches were filled to the brim and although simple flavours (I had cheese & tuna Mayo, my friend opted for chicken & egg mayo) the sandwiches were very tasty.
Next we moved on to the scones. They were plain scones which is great because my friend really doesn't like raisins and almost everywhere we go for afternoon tea serves fruit scones. The clotted cream was good quality and the scone was light and fluffy.
Lemon meringue cake was lovely. Chocolate tiffin was absolutely delicious and rich. We also had a HUGE chocolate covered strawberry which was so juicy and delicious. Unfortunately at other establishments when strawberries have been served as part of afternoon tea they've been flavourless and a bit worse for wear so this was lovely.
Here's where my review is ever so slightly negative... We had finished our pots of tea at this point and wanted to order some more. There were no wait staff out the front for quite a while and when one did come out she went to the other side of the room to clear a table. Nobody had come to ask if everything was OK with our food. I eventually got up and went to the counter to order more tea. I was slightly disappointed that we were charged for additional pots of tea, as many other places offer unlimited hot drinks as part of an afternoon tea menu, and this wasn't explained when I ordered additional drinks.
We waited for our tea then carried on with the mini Victoria sponge which was very tasty, and finally the Oreo cheesecake... Wow... It was absolutely delicious, definitely saved the best for last.
We would definitely visit here again as the quality of the food was fantastic and the staff were polite, I do understand a large party was just arriving for afternoon tea as we were eating so the staff were busy preparing their stands, but service was a little lacking on the day which is really my only negative.
My friend also bought a mini cupcake for her partner which he loved. We would definitely recommend this to lovers of afternoon tea and cakes, and we will be visiting again soon.