“Average”

Ranked #35 of 636 Restaurants in Stockport
Price range: US$6 - US$26
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Beefeater opened their doors back in 1974, and were driven by a passion for glorious steak. Mouth-watering cuts at mouth-watering prices was their motto. Reassuringly nothing's changed, these things still drive them today and they always will. Beefeater believe in two things, a warm friendly welcome and serving incredible steak that you can kick back, relax and enjoy. If you're visiting the Trafford Centre, Peel Centre or Grand Central, the Bamford Arms is the perfect place to stop for a tasty meal. Our experienced team will make sure you enjoy every minute
Reviewed 10 October 2018 via mobile

My partner and I have visited a couple of times recently, each time we both felt unwelcome by the young lady who appeared to be in charge.
The 1st time we were left for several minutes at the reception desk so we found our own table as it was quiet; the lady mentioned told us that she would serve us this time but in future wait at the desk-not a good start.
We tried The Bamford again last Sunday, this time we were left waiting at the table to order, her excuse for the delay was that we moved the menu.
The food was average, other staff were very pleasant.
We were encouraged to go by receiving 40% off vouchers, this not enough to keep our custom.
When we go out we like it to be a relaxing, pleasurable experience.

3  Thank Pat S
Robert K, Manager at Beefeater Bamford Arms, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

Hello Pat,
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We always aim to exceed our guests expectations, I'm sorry to hear on this occasion we didn't meet our usual high standard. I'll certainly speak to all the team to limit this happening again. Please feel free to contact myself or the rest of the Management Team on 0161 480 2968 to discuss in detail. I do hope you return again so we can serve you and future guests the wonderful service we aim to deliver on a daily basis.

Reviewed 8 October 2018

We visited this pub/restaurant last week and were shocked and disappointed at the food, services and the state of the toilets.
Breakfast was poor, beans overcooked, bacon thin and dry. Bubble and squeak cold and tasteless.
I had burger for dinner (a spicy one) which was covered in some sort of "batter". It was disgusting. One of our group ordered a steak which was raw inside which she sent back.
Most of the staff were unfriendly and unhelpful.
Ladies toilets - I had to report lack of toilet paper in toilets which was nothing compared to the men's toilets which were flooded from the Thursday night and were not fixed on the Friday either. There was urine on the floor. The smoking area outside is too close to the door and patrons smoke in undercover area between the hotel and pub which means non-smokers have to walk through the smokers to get to their rooms or cars. A really poor Beefeater.

1  Thank NTandCS
Robert K, Manager at Beefeater Bamford Arms, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2018

Hello,
Firstly I would like to apologize on behalf of the whole team at the Beefeater Bamford Arms. We are sadden to hear that your most recent visit with us wasn't a great one. Myself and the team always try to ensure all our guests have the best experience when dining with us, so I will certainly pass on your comments to the whole team and look into this in further detail to see what went wrong. Please feel free to contact myself or the rest of the Management Team on 0161 480 2968 or stockport.bamfordarms@whitbread.com to discuss more in detail. We would love to welcome you back to the Beefeater Bamford Arms to show you the first class service we aim to provide on a daily basis. Once again, I do apologize and look forward to you getting in touch to limit this happening again.

Reviewed 2 October 2018 via mobile

We stayed here as we were booked into the adjoining Premier Inn.
The staff we welcoming and extremely helpful. Our waitress was lovely, very helpful and polite.
Menu was pleasantly varied and our food was very tasty.
Would definitely recommend.
It was the second time we have ate and stayed here en route to Manchester Airport

Robert K, Manager at Beefeater Bamford Arms, responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2018

Hello Andrea,
Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a lovely review. We always strive to deliver the very best service to all our guests so myself and the team are delighted to hear you had a great dining experience with us. I'll certainly pass on your comments to the whole team. We look forward to welcoming you back soon to the Beefeater Bamford Arms.

Reviewed 1 October 2018 via mobile

Maggie our waitress was lovely. Remembered us even though we hadn’t been there for months! Helped us with what to order and brought our food out with a smile. Thanks for the great service

Hello Eesha, Thank you so much for your lovely review. I am very pleased to see you had a wonderful dining experience with us on your recent visit. I'll certainly pass on your kind comments to Maggie and the team. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Beefeater Bamford Arms soon.

Reviewed 28 September 2018 via mobile

I came to the bamford arms with a couple of my friends a few months ago. The service was fantastic and the food was really good too. I had the fillet steak and it was cooked to absolute perfection. I will definitely be visiting again!

Robert K, Manager at Beefeater Bamford Arms, responded to this reviewResponded 1 October 2018

Hello Sandra,
Thank you for your lovely review. I am very pleased to hear you and your friends had a great dining experience with us. Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review and I will certainly pass on your kind comments to the whole team. Myself and the team look forward to welcoming you back soon to the Beefeater Bamford Arms.