“A busy Friday night”

Uncle Tom's Cabin
Price range: US$7 - US$34
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: Relax and enjoy great beers, fine wines and perhaps a lunch time sandwich or a succulent meal.
Reviewed 24 March 2018

Having eaten here about a year ago we decided to return for our anniversary meal, once again the food was excellent, wife's starter of Stilton & Walnut pate £7 was so good as was my leek n potato soup £3.95 with a good chunk of rustic bread,
Our mains of fish n chips with mushy peas and home made tartare was very good but I have to confess when checking my bill at home being charged £9.80 for a 250ml meson Rioja was a bit of a shock I hope it was the gran reserve! The 175ml was £7.60,
we had Rioja last year and they were only£5.40 for 175ml so why such an increase,
Anyway service was excellent considering they had 2 large party's to deal with in what is a fairly small place, and we still enjoyed the evening

Reviewed 3 March 2018

Spent a special and impromptu lunch with good friends. Fabulous diversion from the snow!!
The new light lunches are fantastic. Smoked haddock and garden pea risotto, chicken and leek pie and sausage and mash deliciously awesome and great comfort food in this jolly cold weather. Superb sausages by the way. Service excellent and wonderful friendly country pup that welcomes in our four legged friends as well. You have to give it ma try and it is great walking country in case you decide to have lunch at a special stop off.

Reviewed 2 March 2018 via mobile

We had a good family Sunday lunch here. We couldn’t fit into the restaurant but they reserved us a table in the bar area that was really nice. Our 16month old loved the soup and I really enjoyed the roast beef!

Reviewed 26 February 2018

My wife and I went here on Date Night and had a lovely meal. It is a very relaxed atmosphere and the food was lovely. We had squid, scallops followed by the burger & Ox Cheek. All of it was very good tasted nice. The desert however was amazing. The Chocolate & Honeycomb Cheesecake with Slated Caramel Ice Cream was a treat and very well presented. Worth going back for.

Reviewed 30 January 2018 via mobile

Tucked away on a country lane, Uncle Tom’s is understated and rustic. The service is personal and attentive, with a varied menu to suit most tastes. As I was organising a surprise meal, the team were very cooperative and ensured everything ran smoothly. The food was good, as was the atmosphere. Thank you very much!