All reviews pool jacuzzi fully equipped gym sky channels huge tv left open a small car park fourth floor executive room minute walk from the hotel cooked breakfast hotel management tea coffee mini fridge an iron brilliant hotel hounslow central tube station thorpe park
Reviewed 13 March 2017 via mobile

From the minute I walked into the hotel until I checked out everything was amazing. The staff go above and beyond to make sure every is perfect during your stay. I could recommend his place enough. I'll be back for sure!

Stayed: March 2017, travelled solo
Ashley S, Manager at The Continental Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2017

Dear Kitty F,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay at The Continental Hotel, I am thrilled to read that you had such an enjoyable stay and I have shared your kind words with the team.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future for another pleasant stay.

Kind Regards,
Helena Wysocki
Reservations & Revenue Manager

Reviewed 12 March 2017

The staff were wonderful, especially Ashley. We have stayed in many hotels due to my husbands work and we could not have been more happy here.
We stayed here for the weekend combining work with pleasure. The room was huge, clean and well presented, bordering on Luxurious
The bed was lovely and comfortable and we used the pool.
We loved Ashley who was very welcoming and gave the Hotel a relaxed and friendly atmosphere. Nothing was any bother for him, his manner and professionalism will ensure that we will return. The food was superb with a good menu choice. Ashley provided us with information and recommendations for the local places. It's a treasure in Hounslow. Thankyou Ashley.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 March 2017 via mobile

Wonderful break with my partner. Hotel is situated in a perfect location! We had a wonderful time and would deffo stay again! The rooms were exceptionally clean and the staff were most hospitable- special mention to Ashley who went out of his way to help me and my partner who is slightly disabled- his professionalism and kind heart was a pleasure we are not often accustomed to! Thanks for a lovely stay!

Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JP M
Reviewed 6 March 2017

Great rooms, very friendly and welcoming staff, super barman (the bar just needs a (craft) ale!). A reasonable walk from Twickenham but plenty of taxis available if needed. Would definitely stay again in the future.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled with friends
2  Thank Liam W
Reviewed 1 March 2017 via mobile

arrived Sunday lunchtime, around 1230 but despite requesting early check-in when booking, we couldn't check-in. The parking space we'd requested hadn't been reserved. When we did finally get into our room (which was difficult to find because it was tucked away around a corner where there's no window or any other light, so phone torches had to come out) we were unpleasantly surprised to find a room in complete disrepair. We didn't bother complaining as we'd already heard reception tell someone there were no spare rooms. the whole room was really cold and felt damp, almost like the sheets weren't fully dry, that kind of cold damp feeling. the heating/air con didn't work so we kissed goodbye the idea of warming the place up. At bed time I fumbled around in the dark (only one side of the bed had light) for a socket to plug my phone into but got a bit of a shock: yup, no socket, just the gap in the wall for it and loose wires hanging out. Things didn't get better during the night on the uncomfortable beds. even though I'd had a fair old night cap after the rugby, it wasn't enough to keep my comfortably asleep. Nor was the phone call at 6am to the room, or the early morning wake up call by the builders down the corridor renovating rooms! That was a double kick in the nuts: not only were we woken up, we didn't get the benefit of one of the newly refurbished rooms. At least we had breakfast to look forward to, where my room mate and I could discuss which of us had the worst bed, and which side of the bed had the worst damage to the wall. was it my side with bare (live, don't forget) wires hanging out, or his side which looked like a council flat after squatters had been evicted? We headed down around 930 and were pleased to see some good looking fried food waiting for us, however I decided to give it a miss because I didn't feel I could trust it wouldn't make me ill, so ended up with a bowl of coco pops for my £13. My friend got stuck in to the fry up and said it was alright. We ordered a pot of tea which came with two cups but no jug of milk. when we asked for milk we were pointed towards the jug of cereal milk where we saw people decanting the white stuff into juice glasses to take to their tables for the tea and coffee. weird. we sat down to eat and only had to wait a minute or so for cutlery to arrive, however being given a soup spoon to eat cereal with was odd but gave us a giggle, until we realised it wasn't a mistake. there weren't any other spoons available in the entire hotel at that time apparently! it was that or nothing, even though the restaurant was nowhere near full. reception staff were polite however every problem we mentioned to them was met with an awkward shrug and no effort to put it right, or make a note of the problem to pass on to someone (shall i send an electrician myself to replace that socket?).

so, all in all, terrible.

early check-in: fail
parking reservation: fail
room quality: massive fail there (renting this one out for the same price as the refurbished rooms is a disgrace)
breakfast food: pass (acceptable)
breakfast service: fail - buy some spoons and jugs!
reception staff: overall, fail.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled with friends