“Lunch”

Ranked #21 of 27 Restaurants in Shepperton
Price range: US$10 - US$17
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Reservations
Description: We are proud to be the first Stonehouse Pizza & Carvery in Surrey. Serving delicious Freshly prepared Carvery roasts & hand spun Pizza's made using our fresh, daily made dough, we would love to see you soon. Working in the local area, or dropping off the kids at school, we open for Breakfast 7 days a week at 8am, with our unlimited Breakfast buffet just £4.49
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

First time that we have been here and would definitely go back again great value for money and nice friendly staff.
We had the carvery with good selection of meats and vegetables all piping hot.
Would really recommend this place you won't go home disappointed.

1  Thank Deb C
General Manager A, Manager at The Goat Stonehouse Pizza & Carvery, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Thank you Deb C for your kind words and it makes me very happy to know that you enjoyed your visit.
Cheers
Gm

Reviewed 5 March 2018

I'm embarrassed i chose this place for a group of 13 family members to celebrate my birthday.
We had a table booked for 4pm - we weren't attended to until 425pm to be seated, at which point our reserved table was infact occupied and they had to clean other tables to slot us in (the restaurant wasn't even very busy at this point).
The service was horrendous - understaffed was an understatement, the whole atmosphere in both the restaurant and the bar area was very uncomfortable with staff (all 4 of them) under pressure and rude, and customers losing their patience. The wait time for a drink each time i went to the bar was 15-20 minutes! Meaning precious quality time with family became non existent, and food went cold whilst trying to get a drink to go with it.
The whole process of ordering drinks and food at the bar is very odd and isn't managed well at all.
The roast was probably the worst I've ever had! I couldn't even bring myself to eat half of it. The meat was dry and tasteless, the vegetables i'm almost certain were out of a tin and the roast potatoes were definitely not homemade. This was actually the only part of the pub that wasn't rammed with people, but they were probably put off by the look of the food and the arrogance of the serving chef who clearly isn't happy in his job, perhaps like the rest of the team.
Once upon a time this used to be a great venue but it's clear it's gone downhill since being taken over and rebranded. None of us will be returning and will be discouraging all family and friends from visiting too.

4  Thank ske33
General Manager A, Manager at The Goat Stonehouse Pizza & Carvery, responded to this reviewResponded 11 March 2018

Hey ske33
Thanks for your review and am very sorry that we let your expectations down and i am lead to believe that my deputy has contacted you on a 1-1 basis.
My apologies

Reviewed 24 February 2018 via mobile

I visited today with a friend of mine and we arrived just after 12pm. This was just as they had changed from breakfast to lunch. A gentleman behind the bar (I didn't get his name) explained how it worked, we sat down at a table and then went up to the bar to order food and drink. Ordered and paid for the food upfront and got given a ticket to get the food. Went up to the carvery to select out meats veg and gravy. Did make me laugh when I saw baked beans, mushy peas and curry to have with the carvery. Food was amazing. So tender and just fell apart. Would definitely return. Well done.

General Manager A, Manager at The Goat Stonehouse Pizza & Carvery, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2018

So great to hear of your awesome visit and thank you so much for taking the time out to let all of us know. It is really appreciated

Reviewed 30 January 2018

This is an odd one, we live very locally, 27th January early evening, walked through door and the girl behind the bar was very welcoming and helpful, explained how it works, find a table select your meal and return to order and pay. We had gone there prompted by an AA app, on the app it comes up as Crown Carveries and gives you the menu, this turned out to be different to the one we had to view. We were there so decided to order carvery option, back to the lovely girl at the bar, ordered, realised we had the AA app which gave us a discount and she dealt with it with no fuss. Back to the restaurant to eat, waited a few minutes for someone to appear to carve, he dropped my beef on the counter and popped it back on the plate, no fuss just wanted to get on so moved on to vegetables, these proved to be just warm and in my opinion been standing for some time, the gravy alongside the vegetables was onion gravy, asked the guy whom had carved ‘is this the gravy?’ which he confirmed. Sat down and my partner commented it would be nice to have horseradish, I found that opposite the carvery there was another serving table with various dishes and bowls, it would seem very obvious to have them marked. I was surprised to see a serving bowl of what looked like regular gravy over here on the other side of the room, it was confirmed by a member of staff it was indeed gravy and he seemed bemused as to why I found it strange to be so far removed the meat joints and vegetables. Reluctant to let the meal get any cooler we sat down and got on with it, I have to say that apart from the temperature the meat was superb, so tender, the rest as bad as feared. I was able to grab a word with whom I assume was senior staff and first enquired as to the AA app saying it was Crown Carveries and showing a different menu, this was merely pointing out that either the AA or Crown needed to be aware that it was incorrect, she very politely said a lot but I felt was ill informed, saying over and over again it was a carvery, that was not in dispute. I then commented on the roast potatoes and vegetables that must have been standing for an unacceptable amount of time, she refuted this maintaining that they are changed every half hour, we were there longer than that and didn't see any evidence of that happening. Left very disappointed as had hoped it would be somewhere to use regularly with family and friends, leaving through the bar we were acknowledged by the girl we first encountered, a pleasant goodbye and a wave from her, she seems to know about customer service. I wish we were able to rate the bar area and restaurant independently, no problems in the bar.

General Manager A, Manager at The Goat Stonehouse Pizza & Carvery, responded to this reviewResponded 6 February 2018

Hi keith
Thank you so much for your in depth review and the balance and thought that went with it. Just to confirm that everything you were told is correct.
The food court and layout has proved popular with the majority of our guests, however i tend to agree with you on the labelling of sauces and have already brought this to the attention of the powers that be.
Many thanks

Reviewed 26 January 2018

Excited to see this rebrand offering Pizza so decided to visit. Myself and my partner went there on Friday 26th Jan and saw this big sign advertising '2 Pizzas for £10' went to order and asked what pizzas it included and the waitress (who we later found out was the manager) didn't seem particularly clear on what was or wasn't in the deal. At first she said it was the 'cheaper pizzas' (which is ALL bar 3 'premium ones') when I asked for a pepperoni one she said it wasn't included. I then asked what pizzas specifically were included and she said 'ham & mushroom, ham & pineapple & margarita' which makes no sense as they are the same price as a pepperoni one and have two toppings as opposed to one. I then asked for a virgin daiquiri and she said she didn't have it and in her words 'hasn't seen that one since last summer'. Reluctantly ordered a margarita and ham & mushroom pizza. Whilst sitting at our table I spoke to another member of staff and asked him if pepperoni is included in the deal and he said 'yeah it should be', I explained what happened and even said I'd be happy to pay extra (50p for the topping) to have pepperoni added if that was ok. He said he would speak to the manager. He came back and said that was fine and he wasn't sure if we had to pay extra or not. Our buzzer went off and we collected our Pizzas and low and behold (not to my surprise) there was no pepperoni. I explained to the chef what happened and he said that no one told him to add pepperoni. I asked if we could add some and he looked at me glumly. On walking back to our table I passed the waiter and told him the pizza didn't have pepperoni and he apologised (to be fair he was the most apologetic and helpful person there) a few minutes later the same woman who served us came over and asked if everything was ok and I explained everything and she just said 'pepperoni isn't included it's not us who decide it's head office' I told her I asked the waiter and he said that he told you and it was fine and she actually blamed him saying 'he's only been working here for 2 hours' she asked if there was anything she could do to make it up to us but by this point the experience was ruined. She came back about 5 minutes later and handed me a £10 note back and said 'i'm sorry' clearly a guilty conscience. It is my belief that the pepperoni pizza is indeed included in this deal (it's the same price as all the other pizzas so why wouldn't it be?) it's advertised on a big banner when you walk in so would be very misleading if it wasn't. Clearly she has got it wrong at the very start and once she has realised rather than apologise and make amends she has kept going with this blaming everyone else rather than take accountability. I have sent an e-mail to head office to clarify what pizzas are included in this deal. Pizza wasn't great either, lots of noisy kids running around too but wouldn't come here simply based on this experience plenty of other great places in Shepperton to eat out in!

2  Thank DateinaDash
General Manager A, Manager at The Goat Stonehouse Pizza & Carvery, responded to this reviewResponded 2 February 2018

I can only apologise for the IT issues that lead to the confusion but my deputy manager did try to make amends. We have reported this to the appropriate department and will try to ensure problems like this dont happen again
Thank you for your feedback which will be acted upon