“A poor choice for us”
Review of Harry's Cali-Style

Harry's Cali-Style
Ranked #10 of 67 Restaurants in Hayle
Price range: US$4 - US$19
Description: We're a licensed California style restaurant heavy on the Mexican. Fresh fish tacos, homemade ground steak burgers and fresh cut fries too! All homemade with a passion for food! We have a great selection of Tequila, Mexican beer, cocktails and California wine. Come eat and drink with us! It's the perfect venue for your party - give us a call to discuss.
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

I have wanted to visit this cafe for a long time but have unfortunately always found it to be closed. I tried out their beachside Black Lobster last summer and that was great. However we had a really poor experience here. It was the first day for the waitress but common sense should have let her know not to bring a dirty mug for my tea. We had to remind her about bringing coffee and when it eventually came she forgot the mug. After waiting ages for her to take our order she came back and said that that as the fish was frozen there would be a 15 to 20 minute delay in getting our food. At that point we cancelled the order paid for our drinks and left.There were not many customers so we were surprised at the poor service. We were prepared to wait for good food but not frozen fish! We went to Salt where the fish was fresh. I am sure that if they had more experienced staff the food would have been acceptable but I definitely won't be going back.

1  Thank KathrynR R

Reviewed 28 March 2018 via mobile

We decided to visit here after reading previous reviews and I’m pleased that we did. This restaurant is not baby friendly - there are no high chairs or baby change - but we simply left our 8 month old in her pram and didn’t have any issues. The staff were very welcoming but there were only 2 of them and they seemed very over-worked, I think one girl was new and thus there was a delay in receiving our food. However, I’m still giving 5 stars as the food was delicious and freshly cooked, and I think during peak season when the staff are fully trained and they are more prepared it would be a really excellent visit. I also drank a margarita - not for the faint of heart, these are heavy on tequila and nothing like the usual British watered down pub cocktails! Very authentic to the ones I have tasted while in the states.

1  Thank melissameadows3110
Reviewed 22 March 2018 via mobile

I live local to Hayle and Harry’s Cali-Style is an absolute favourite for a guaranteed delicious meal.

I find all the meals, be it starters or main course great value for money, personal favourites being the chicken wings, mushroom burger & the blackened fish burger, not forgetting the home made blue cheese sauce, so so good!

I’ve visited Harry’s for birthday meals with small and large groups, and I’ve managed to get squeezed in last minute when I’ve made late reservations and never have I been disappointed with the service or food. Depending on the amount of tables being waited on, sometimes there can be a small wait on food, but with the chilled out vibe of the restaurant and knowing how good the food is it’s never been an issue, it bodes well with enjoying a cocktail or two, great selection of tequilas.

Overall I would recommend that if your after a relaxed restaurant that offers a great selection of food that will be sure to fill you up and packed with flavour, then Harry’s Cali-Style is a must.

Reviewed 15 March 2018

A wonderful little restaurant with a beautiful rustic interior where we enjoyed local fish tacos that were truly delicious.. Despite being the only diners there as early season we engaged in great conversation with the owner and learnt a lot about Tequila of which she has an extensive selection. Well worth a try!

Reviewed 13 March 2018 via mobile

Stopped by here for lunch when we were on our weekend way after reading the good reviews about it and it certainly lived up to them! Such a cosy little place and beautifully decorated, loved all the plants. We were served by a very friendly, down to earth lady (the owner maybe??) who made us feel really at home and the food was just fab. Really generous portion sizes (we were full for the rest of the day), loads of veggies options and perfectly flavoured food. The whole experience was just great, would highly recommend!!!!