“Excellent”
Review of Sunny Spice

Sunny Spice
Ranked #16 of 24 Restaurants in Lostwithiel
Reviewed 1 week ago

I’ve had 4 take away meals from here in as many weeks. All have been excellent probably the best I can remember having. It’s clear that they use great fresh ingredients. The reception is always polite, helpful and very personable. Can’t stay away now.

Date of visit: February 2021
1  Thank Reveuss
Write a reviewReviews (7)

Reviewed 15 November 2020

We ordered a takeout for 3. The phone service and pick up service were great. Our samosas starters were lovely, and 2 had ordered chicken tikka Masala which was ok. I had ordered chicken madras and couldn’t even eat one mouthful. It was full of mustard seed, and had an inedible taste but no heat from spice at all. It was so bad I was convinced they had given me an incorrect dish, so I called & was told it was correct & they were really sorry it wasn’t to my taste. I have had madras in many curry houses and have to say I have never experienced anything quite as awful as this. We also ordered naan breads which were ok. We were all really dissatisfied overall with our take out.

Date of visit: November 2020
Reviewed 8 November 2020 via mobile

Southern Indian cuisine is a style of Indian cooking I’ve not experienced before, somehow lighter and more delicate than the Bangladeshi food I normally eat. This restaurant appears to be a newish place, possibly more of a takeaway. The room we ate in was tiny with maybe twenty covers. Unfortunately it was very cold so we kept our coats on. However this should not detract from the food. I had an immensely enjoyable spicy hot, Goan fish curry with the usual pilau rice, naan and a sag aloo. My wife had a chicken tikka korma which she found a little too spicy for her taste.
I would certainly eat here again, hopefully when it is not so cold.

1  Thank 318tonyg318
Reviewed 23 October 2020

Myself and my parents went to the new Sunny Spice Indian in Lostwithiel, although their main restaurant is in Fowey which I have had the ultimate pleasure of dinning out to! It is nice to see that the owners/management of Sunny Spice have got themselves another premises in Lostwithiel (although the main purpose is for takeaways and deliveries, as the place is very small and has room for very few tables). I feel it is a tremendous asset to the area! I had a Chicken Tikka Masala Curry with the Pilau Rice and Plain Naan Bread, as ever despite the different location, the meals have always been great. Well Done to everyone at Sunny Spice, especially the chefs and waiting staff!

1  Thank Amir0071983
Reviewed 18 October 2020 via mobile

We went with good friends for a meal without booking and were welcomed warmly. The food was the best Indian that we had ever had. Great selection of dishes to choose from which made picking what to eat very difficult indeed.