“Highly recommended ”

Ranked #1 of 1 Dessert in Mevagissey
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 14 March 2018 via mobile

This is our 2nd visit here, having come March 2016. It again exceeded our expectations!

Fresh, modern and airy interior, with great views over the Mevagissey harbour. A small, but quaint cafe, serving a variety of lunches, as well as scones, cakes and drinks.

A very warm welcome when we entered and all tables available, so chose one by the large window looking at the harbour. Friendly staff, who provided us with menus and explained we order at the counter when ready.

I liked that the menu was locally sourced and a map of where all the food came from, was on the wall. Supporting local businesses! ✔️

We had the Cornish platter (ham, 3 different cheeses, crackers, bread, salad and chutney) and the bacon, Cornish Brie and cranberry toastie, which came with a side salad. Very very tasty! Good value for money too. Staff were attentive when required.

Afterwards we had a Cornish Cream tea share, which is a pot of tea for 1, Cornish clotted cream, jam and a homemade scone. Quite large and also very tasty! Clearly homemade too.

Overall a very good experience and great, home made food. Would highly recommend and looking forward to our next excuse to visit

1  Thank Andy C

Reviewed 5 March 2018 via mobile

The staff here are the best anywhere. Cheerful and helpful, and busy. Great coffee, is all I need to say!

Reviewed 3 March 2018 via mobile

We have visited tea on the quay on several occasions since it opened. My daughter lives in Cornwall and every time we visit we always go there for our cream teas.
On this visit we had a savoury tea of cheese scone, mature cheddar and homemade chutney and also a cream tea with plain scone. We shared both. Well what can I say except both where delicious as always. Coffee absolutely gorgeous. My daughter said the hot chocolate was also delicious. Will definitely be back next time. Thankyou once again.

1  Thank shaycarroll
Reviewed 1 March 2018

A refuge in extreme weather. Warm welcome, probably the best coffee in 4 days, plus home baked cakes. What more could one want?

3  Thank LudlowLocalguide
Reviewed 28 February 2018

I can not recommend this place enough.

Now if you're a lover of a good cream tea then this is THE place to go.
Gorgeous home cooked scones with great local ingredients all serviced in a lovely relaxed atmosphere with views to match and all at a reasonable price.

The rest of the food and cakes looked gorgeous too.
I work in a hotel about half and hour away and I always tell me guests that if they want to have a great Cornish Cream Tea then they have to make the drive over to Mevagissey and visit Tea on the Quay.

Love the little touch of the map of Cornwall on the wall as well, showing where all the produce comes from.

Well be back again soon with friends to take advantage of the 'Afternoon Tea' deal.

3  Thank Toph80