US$269
US$204
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$226/night.

Franchis Holiday Park(Mullion)(Great Value!)
US$19
Agoda.com
The Old Inn(Mullion)
  • Restaurant
  • Bar/Lounge
All reviewsvista loungefamily hotelsea viewgames roomtable footballbaby listeningleisure facilitiestennis courtselemis productsamazing viewswaiting staffprivate beachthe clifflounge areahotel is situatedwonderful hotelbreakfast and dinner
Reviewed 13 June 2018

Stayed here for 4 nights last week.

Firstly, wonderful location on cliff top and lounge area has a stunning outlook. The grounds are well looked after and the first view of the Hotel in its grounds is very impressive.
We arrived a little before time but the reception staff were great and we were in our room with a sea view with little delay. The room was clean and well prepared with spare towels for the spa and wonderful big white dressing gowns.

One thing about the room there were no curtains in the bathroom and no nets in the main bedroom window which made it a bit public as the loo overlooked the patio. With the light on at night things in the bathroom were a bit too public for my liking.

Throughout our stay even in the face of obvious kitchen timing problems at dinner time ( two courses took nearly 2 hours which is laid back even for Cornwall) the waiting staff, indeed all the staff were wonderful also the fish man had not delivered that day so most of that was off. The dinner menu was adequate but unchanging except for the specials and I resent paying extra at breakfast for pouched eggs.

This is a VERY family orientated hotel, at which it is very good, but if you have any aversion to children beware there will be a lot of them and a few very well behaved dogs. I personally enjoyed spending some time watching their gladiatorial conflicts in the play area with children trying to feed bits of plastic to another child who 10 minutes before had been completely unknown to them until a concerned parent would swoop in and remove one or the other for etiquette lessons. I personally watched the contests whilst listening to my I phone and the opening track(opus 30) from 2001 the scene where the chimps learn about conflict, it fitted quite well.The Spa was quite nice and she who must be obeyed had a really good session there with some obscure oils and things.
One thing was the hot tub wooden surround in the pool area needs a bit of love the water has discolored the wooden surround.
This hotel in common with many like it, in a building about 100 years old to some would seem a little out of time, a bit like me but we loved it. The floors might creak sometimes like a sailing ship and the plumbing provide unexpected nocturnal entertainment but we will go back.

The staff are superb and my heroine is a young lady who's name escapes me but who just always seem to be there. They could not do enough to help and always with a smile.

We did not visit the cinema so I can't comment on that. The cliff walks to other bays are superb but can be taxing so wear good shoes.

Stayed: June 2018
2  Thank Stephen C
Steve C, Manager at Polurrian Bay Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2018

Dear Stephen C,

Thank you for posting your review. We have such a wonderful location and Robert, our Head Gardener, does a great job keeping the grounds looking amazing. I am sorry that you experienced a wait in the restaurant but I do hope you enjoyed your meal when it arrived. We are a family orientated hotel and do have many little'ns running around having a great time, particularly in our Den, hopefully allowing the parents to enjoy 5 minutes to themselves to enjoy the views and a cheeky cocktail. Your comments regarding the team are wonderful and they will be incredibly pleased to read them.

Thank you again and I do hope you come back to visit us again soon.

Reviewed 12 June 2018 via mobile

We had been given the use of the facilities at the Polurrian Bay Hotel when we had booked a neighbouring cottage for the week. The setting is out of this world, the views amazing, most of the staff were friendly and the private beach a very chilled out place to sit and listen to the waves at any time of the day, that’s the good points of the hotel.
The bad points, we liked the idea of having a spa/ gym to use, first impression when you walk in is that’s it’s dated and needs some investment and a lick of paint to modernise it. After being in there for an hour it’s actually very dirty. I felt grit on the bottom of my feet in the pool and after borrowing the kids goggles was amazed to see how much sand was swirling around and settled on the bottom. Pools need sediment vacuuming from the bottom regularly and this clearly isn’t happening. After I got in the whirlpool I wished I hadn’t, a thick brown rim around the top of dirt. The shower facilities had hairs stuck to tiles that were there for several days. The kids wanted to use the pool so we went 3 times during the week and nothing seemed to improve, staff are stretched as on 1 visit of 30-40 mins we didn’t see 1 staff member either on reception or walking around the facilities?
We went 1 evening to use the bar area and again found it very dirty. There is a fantastic view over the bay so we went to sit down but the whole area looked like the place had just been packed and then everyone had got up and left, glasses and crumbs on every empty table? We cleared our own table and waited to be served, there were only 2 other people drinking in the lounge, eventually went looking for someone after 10 mins waiting, got a drinks menu and waited again, had to go get the waitress to come and take our order?
When the very over priced drinks did come, kids mocktails extortionate for a mix of fruit drinks, warm pint of lager not remotely chilled. I asked the waiter that brought the drinks if he could wipe our table and he sent someone else who walked over to the only other table with someone sat at it and wiped theirs??? Didn’t attempt to clear or wipe any other tables though all were filthy. Bits, crumbs and hair all over the carpets, rugs, furniture. Looked at 2 out of the 3 staff it had taken to serve us chatting for 10 mins while ignoring the mess in the lounge area.
If a hotel is selling itself as child and dog friendly then obviously extra cleaning will be needed to keep on top of things.
The box standard reply from management for a poor review on here is I hope you pointed it out to the staff to rectify while you were there?
I’m on holiday, everything I’ve mentioned was glaringly obvious, it’s down to management to do regular inspections and put self motivated staff in place to keep on top of things, not the guests!
Having said all this it would not take much to sort these little things out, a lick of paint and a good deep clean and the hotel in its setting could be amazing, as it is now at these prices had we been staying there? Disappointing.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
6  Thank Neil J

Dear Neil J,

I am saddened to read your review and will certainly share this with the team. I apologise for the concerns that you raise and will check with the heads of department to ensure that their checklists are appropriate, I do appreciate that some of these concerns should be normal practice and common sense.

We strive to improve ourselves as a hospitality offering and take all comments onboard to make sure that our guests have a great time with us. Thank you for reviewing your time with us and please do contact the hotel if you would like to discuss anything further.

Reviewed 8 June 2018

I have decided to write this review to actually big up this hotel. My wife and I travelled to this hotel from Hampshire. My wife felt ill and asked if she could check in early. The receptionists sorted this straight away. That evening after visiting a local pub (very good) I had our evening meal as we were fully board by myself (the wife wanted to stay in the room & eat nothing). As by myself i felt a bit wierd going to the restaurant, but after chatting to a waiter called Kostas I had a lovely meal and was well looked after. As time went by it transpired that my wife did not have a 24 hour bug but something more serious and we cut our stay short leaving after 3 nights rather than 5. All through our visit the food at breakfast and evening meal was great. I ate all of it sadly my wife misssed out. The staff especially Kostas the waiter & Kim & Holly on reception were exceptionally kind asking how my wife was and offering any help, they were a real credit to this hotel. This hotel is brilliant for families with a kids club and an informal ambience, great for people with dogs as pets are welcome and great for couples even at half term as the kids and dogs do not intrude in this exceptionally well run hotel. There is a indoor pool and spa which is good plus the outdoor pool and private beach are also great. If you like walking there are some great historic walks to the Marconi memorial (easy), Mullion Cove (easy) and other coves and the Lizard five miles plus. In a nutshell I like this hotel, my wife although ill at the time likes this hotel and we will stay again when we next have some time off next year.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Steve C, Manager at Polurrian Bay Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2018

Dear Colin R,

Thank you for posting your wonderful review. I'm so sorry to read that your wife was unwell during your visit and I do hope that she is recovering well.

I believe that the hotel has a fantastic team, in all departments. They are all very caring, understanding and thoughtful people which is a credit to them. It is great to read that even though your wife missed out on some of the aspects, you managed to enjoy the food, the views and get to know the team.

I look forward to you visiting us again in the future, hopefully next time you can both fully enjoy the hotel offerings.

Reviewed 8 June 2018 via mobile

At the beginning of the May we have visit this beautiful hotel to celebrate my wife's birthday . My dear wife has never visit beautiful Cornwall . So I have decide , that we will celebrate her birthday in some beautiful hotel nearby the Land's End .
After quite careful and detailed searching for appropriate Hotel I have chosen Polurrian Bay Hotel in Mullion .
It was four of us . Our original booking was two bedrooms facing inland but on arrival when I have revealed that we have come here to celebrate my wife's birthday, the young man who was checking us in very kindly upgrade us to a sea view rooms . It was most kind and we were really grateful for that . It was a really rooms with the view! Absolutely stunning Cornish coast and in distance we could even see the Lands End !!!
The rooms where relatively basic , but very tastefully decorated and with everything you would need for comfortable stay . The bed was very comfortable with very nice leaning. Our room was spotlessly clean with perfectly working heating system.
We have a dinner bed and breakfast deal .
The food In This hotel is nothing short of spectacular . Our dinner of ala carte was great and though we all have a different orders , every single dish which was served at this dinner was excellent . It was exactly the same at the breakfast topnotch ! The chef at this hotel know his trade very very well and he's extremely talented . All hotel Staff was extremely friendly and helpful .Polurrian Bay Hotel have a great facilities very beautiful gardens where you can walk and the most spectacular view of the sea . They have open and indoor swimming pools and spa, however we didn't have a match time to go there because we spent most of the time wandering around the hotel and admiring fantastic scenery . I'd like to thank everybody at Polurrian Bay Hotel for great stay and make my wife's birthday really SPECIAL .Thank you very much!

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family

Dear andrew a,

Wow!!! What a review! What more can I say other than thank you. The team here will be so pleased to read this and know that you had a great time.

Thank you again and I do hope you look to return in the future.

Reviewed 5 June 2018 via mobile

We didn’t stay but did visit for dinner. It was good but not good enough to warrant the price (£26 for 2 courses and it was hard to find the meat in the burger...), drinks expensive too (£2+ for the T in G&T) and then they add a 10% service charge on top so we spent nearly £80 on a meal for two which was a bit over the odds in my opinion and I probably wouldn’t return. Amazing views though. I mean really amazing.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank phil_0123

Dear phil_0123,

Thank you for posting your review of your dining experience. I sorry to read that you felt that you didn’t get value for money. I have spoken to the chef and we did have a new chef in the kitchen who unfortunately made the burgers a third smaller than they should be, which I apologise for.

I pleased to read you loved the views which I have to agree are amazing!

If you would like to discuss your experience further please do call me at the hotel.