US$132
  • Pool
All reviewslook forward to visiting againcornish breakfastdressing gownstea coffeemany thankslocal attractionseden projectone nightroypatsnoopytowelshostsdog
Reviewed 26 August 2017 via mobile

As a family we stayed with Pat and Roy for one night to enable us to visit The Lost Gardens and The Eden Project. We had a great short visit and were all made so welcome, as was our dog. Very much felt like part of the family. Greeted with tea and cake! Breakfast was amazing and Pat and Roy's short cut to the Eden project worked wonders. Many thanks

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Pat T, Owner at Palm Garden House, responded to this reviewResponded 13 February 2018

Apologies, I missed your review. A belated thank you!

Reviewed 30 June 2017

We had a lovely 7 night stay at Palm Garden House. The hosts Pat and Roy are lovely people and we felt at home straight away. The room was lovely, clean and relaxing and we have never slept so well, with everything in the room you need including lovely dressing gowns, towels, tea/coffee and extras including sweets, apples and bottles water which were much appreciated. The breakfast was lovely with a choice of cereals, yogurts, fruit, fruit juice, tea/coffee, toast and we both had the full Cornish breakfast everyday which was wonderful. The garden is lovely and spacious with outdoor seating and a large chess board set and lots of room for parking your car(s). Palm Garden House is situated perfect for visiting the Eden Project and other local attractions. We both had a lovely holiday and look forward to visiting again in the future. Thank you Pat and Roy

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Management response:Responded 1 July 2017

Thank you Sam and Alan, your words are very much appreciated. Pat and Roy

Reviewed 27 July 2016

I stayed at the Palm Garden House for one night as I had to attend an interview in the morning. The hosts were very welcoming and understanding, despite the fact that I arrived at an unreasonable time to check-in to the B&B. Lovely home, delicious breakfast and very friendly pets. It is also easily accessible with plenty of parking spaces.

They also upgraded my room from a single to a double!

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank Paymn
roytaylot49, Owner at Palm Garden House, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2016

Thank you for your kind remarks Paymann. I trust your interview went well.

Roy

Reviewed 31 May 2016

My family and I stayed here for only a night whilst we attended a family wedding but a week would have been more preferable! From the moment we arrived Pat and Roy were absolutely fantastic hosts.

We initially arrived in a hurry as we stopped off to drop our bags etc before returning to the wedding so we didn’t have a chance for a leisurely introduction. They swiftly introduced us to our comfortable rooms, handed over our keys and saw us on our way. We had initially booked 2 for all five of us to save on prices but as no-one was staying in the third room she let us have it for no extra charge.

I had brought my young puppy along with me who was still in the cheeky stage and tried to eat some of their wonderful dog Scooby’s dinner. Scooby was very patient with her and Pat and Roy are definitely animal lovers and were just brilliant with her, patient and understanding.

The garden is spacious with an unexpected 5 acres out the back to walk a dog around and park your car/s and they have a very cool giant chess set in the garden.
In the morning we had a beautiful breakfast with more food than we could eat! We started with croissants and cereal and ended with a full English/Cornish breakfast that was delicious.

My mum definitely appreciated the small touches in the room, they left bottled water, apples and sweets free of charge, just as a thoughtful gesture. And of course they had the standard towels, dressing gowns and a helpful guide to the local area.

Most of all Pat and Roy were kind, helpful, non-intrusive but happy to help out with anything they could. My flip flop broke on the second day and Roy tried to help glue it back together. We can’t praise them enough.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Erica S
roytaylot49, Owner at Palm Garden House, responded to this reviewResponded 1 June 2016

Hi Erica
Thank you very much for your report. Could not ask for better. We hope to see you again.
Pat and Roy

Reviewed 14 September 2015

My wife and I go to Cornwall 3 or 4 times a year and wont stay any where else..Its like going home Pat and Roy (owners) are great people. Cant fault the place. The food is great, rooms are neat tidy and clean. This visit we took our son and his Girl friend, they are all read making plans to return.

Room Tip: all round good B & B, all rooms are very good.
  • Stayed: September 2015, travelled with family
roytaylot49, Owner at Palm Garden House, responded to this reviewResponded 15 September 2015

Thank you for staying with us again, your kind words are very welcome. We hope to see you again next year.
Pat and Roy